Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Diaper genie- do you like it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:22 pm
Was on sale today. Or is it just another thing to take up place in my home?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:27 pm
I didn’t use the diaper genie brand but another one and it was a lifesaver for me. It saved me constant trips to the garbage, which is really a huge hassle when I’m dealing with a newborn and changing so many diapers daily

Personally I replace the whole thing for each new baby, I find after a year or so it just builds up a horrible smell you can’t get rid of no matter what

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:29 pm
It probably depends on your living space. If you have 3 floors and take out the garbage across the front yard then I can see how it's helpful. In an apartment with a garbage chute, or a small house with the can on the sidewalk in front, just use shopping bags and get them out of the house daily.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:39 pm
We love the genie!! So convenient, compact and easy to use and keeps the apartment odor free
I highly recommend

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:41 pm
I found it to be a waste and the refill bags expensive. We just double (or triple) bag poo diapers and toss in regular garbage now.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:58 pm
I love it! I have used diaper genie and now munchkin (which I like better, but diaper genie was great) I buy refills on Amazon and it’s the best thing ever.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:09 pm
It was a total waste for me. Took up space and the smell still came through for my sensitive nose.

Genius

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:14 am
I hated the new job of needing to take out the bag full of stinky diapers that it created. No from me.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:46 am
I have two ubbi's (a different company) for the nursery (I have a set of multiples) and one for the living room. It has been a lifesaver. I take it out with the rest of the garbages in the house. With the amount of diapers we go through on a daily basis, it is amazing that my house has zero diaper smell! I am not sure if I would get it for a single baby though. It would take a while to fill up the can and then the diapers would be sitting in it for awhile.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:54 am
I have 2 kids in diapers and have the diaper genie. Been working for us since had my first kid long time ago
I get the scented refills and you cannot smell through it. If a kid has really gross diaper I’ll double bag in diaper sack and take straight out to garbage

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:57 am
Second the ubbi. You can use regular garbage bags. You cannot smell it when it's closed. I have 1 in diapers and it is worth it. It is a metal can so it doesn't absorb the smell like the plastic diaper genie does.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:13 am
Felt it was a total waste. Many reasons:
Diaper smell still leaked out. I didn't have multiples so by the time the thing was full the smell was awful.
It was annoying to set up and tie off each time.
It was expensive for the refills.
My apartment isn't huge so I just walked into the kitchen, tossed there and we emptied that garbage at least daily anyways so it never smelled. (If it was a bad diaper we bagged it or took it outside).

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:16 am
I have the decor diaper pail and I love it! I have the scented refill bags. I found an off brand on Amazon and they are not expensive. No smell at all and I only take it out once a week or so. I hate when people have diapers in bags near their door or in their garbage. I just drop it in the pail and take it out when it's full.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics