Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
13 candle segula. How is this done??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:15 pm
Hi sorry if this is not the right forum but I have been trying to find out how to do the 13 candle segula. Anyone know how to do it?
Thank you

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 3:44 pm
It's 18 candles and you say a kapitel tehillin after every candle not sure which one though

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 6:09 pm
This is a segulah for the Tanna R’ Masya Ben charash. You light 18 candles and after each one you say Perek 86. Then light the next candle and say the Perek again. As your lighting you say this is a zchus for the Tanna.

I was actually going to do it today as I have a court hearing on Tuesday and I didn’t get to do it so I decided I’ll do it tomorrow… now seeing this thread makes me feel like it’s a message that I better do it tomorrow and not push it off…

I’m posting a link to a description of it written in Hebrew… you can put it into google translate…

https://meshiv.co.il/tefilot/%.....A9-2/

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 6:39 pm
Please don’t be offended but this sounds so not Jewish to me.
It sounds like other religions. Jews don’t do this.
We don’t do incantations and say abracadabra and poof we get our wish fulfilled.
I won’t go as far as to say it’s assur but I suggest speaking to a rabbi or posseik before doing anything like this.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Please don’t be offended but this sounds so not Jewish to me.
It sounds like other religions. Jews don’t do this.
We don’t do incantations and say abracadabra and poof we get our wish fulfilled.
I won’t go as far as to say it’s assur but I suggest speaking to a rabbi or posseik before doing anything like this.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Tehillim is very powerful. So you’re lighting a candle for this tzaddik and you’re asking that he be a meilitz yosher to push your tehillim through the gates of prayer. If I don’t have enough zechusim, I’d like for this tzaddik and all tzaddikim to daven for me…. Lighting candles for a tzaddiks neshama isn’t abracadebra…. Nor is saying tehillim….

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:53 pm
Thank you for all your responses, really appreciate it.

Just confirming to say the following -https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16307/jewish/Chapter-86.htm

Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed