Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Linden nj info

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:49 pm
Anyone living in Linden on here?

I have a few basic questions would like to ask

Mostly what do u wish u knew before moving

What drs dentists etc do u use?

HMSThunderChild

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:33 pm
I have the same question

CPenzias

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:30 pm
I live in Linden. I go to Anshe Chesed, the MO shul

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:03 pm
CPenzias wrote:
I live in Linden. I go to Anshe Chesed, the MO shul

I was in linden recently and was surprised to see a lot of chassidish people in the streets. Is the frum population mainly MO or chassidish?

CPenzias

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:10 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
I was in linden recently and was surprised to see a lot of chassidish people in the streets. Is the frum population mainly MO or chassidish?

It was modern orthodox but in the last few years chasidish people moved in from different parts of Brooklyn. There are definitely more chasidish people here. MO tend to have fewer kids and all that lol. We help each other as needed. The chasidim opened up bakeristor, a delicious dairy cy cafe and a grocery store and now we have a pizza place.

HMSThunderChild

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 8:58 pm
CPenzias wrote:
It was modern orthodox but in the last few years chasidish people moved in from different parts of Brooklyn. There are definitely more chasidish people here. MO tend to have fewer kids and all that lol. We help each other as needed. The chasidim opened up bakeristor, a delicious dairy cy cafe and a grocery store and now we have a pizza place.

That sounds lovely. What's the community like?

amother
Black

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 9:04 pm
I live in linden.
What I wish I knew… it’s really hard to be away from family but it wouldn’t really have helped me if I would’ve known.
Drs and dentists we have a list that someone put together. You need to switch to jersey insurance if you’re moving from New York if you want to use them.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 9:05 pm
Also because I don’t drive (chasidish) a lot of what I used to take care of in bp ends up falling on my husband.

CPenzias

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 9:05 pm
HMSThunderChild wrote:
That sounds lovely. What's the community like?

The modern orthodox or chasidish? I can only say from the MO perspective because that's the community I'm mostly affiliated with. I think there's some people on here who live in Linden and are chasidish.
We'll be here 10 years pesach and we're happy bh. We moved from Monsey where we never found our place. We couldn't afford a house either. Linden had one shul and it's small and everyone knows everyone. We literally sit in shul after davening whether there's a kiddush or not and we just chat with each other. It's really nice.

CPenzias

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 10:15 pm
amother Black wrote:
I live in linden.
What I wish I knew… it’s really hard to be away from family but it wouldn’t really have helped me if I would’ve known.
Drs and dentists we have a list that someone put together. You need to switch to jersey insurance if you’re moving from New York if you want to use them.

I'm a nycdoe teacher so no choice but to stick with ny insurance. I go to staten Island sometimes. It's a pain and I'm really upset because our pediatrician just changed stuff and moved to a different practice (they merged) and don't take our insurance 😑
It's hard if you don't drive. Bh for delivery but I hear that extra frustration. There's always things you have to lose to gain other things. (My commute is insane lol it was a little shorter or took less time from Monsey)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 10:18 pm
Would love to keep ny insurance for the time being so can continue with the drs were using.
Still trying to figure out if there's a way we can make that work
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating