Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bedroom dilemmas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:21 am
Moving into a new house iyH
Trying to figure out how to split bedroom. Will have 4 for kids (aside for master)
Have three teens - 1 girl 2 boys, 2 younger boys , toddler girl and baby boy
Baby needs his own room
Logically two big boys to one room and two little boys to the other.
That leaves 1 room for teen daughter and toddler daughter

Is that fair to her? Should she have to sleep with her baby sister ?
I feel bad . She wants to be able to have the privacy of her room to study , use phone etc but I x see another solution.

I guess eventually the two little ins could share the baby room ( if no other baby) but for how long?

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:03 am
How old is the baby?
We have a similar set up and my baby is still sleeping in my room at 15 months. I'm not making my older daughter share a room with her 4 year old sister - I just can't
We have a loud noise machine next to her crib and thick blackout curtains on the windows. You can put up a curtain around her crib or a room divider

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:14 am
The toddler girl can share either with the baby or with younger boys for a few years.

The teenage girl needs to understand that by the time the toddler is about seven or eight she won't be able to share with the boys anymore. At that time she will need to move into her older sisters room - but that gives her a few years of relative privacy. You don't say how old she is, but in four or five years time she may be contemplating seminary or some other change in living arrangements.

If you have more babies the whole dynamic of room distribution will change anyway.

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:31 am
I would put the three little ones together, keep the baby in your room or try to create a small baby room rather than have the toddler and teen share a room

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:54 am
The teenage girl needs her own space. If nothing else, she probably has homework and other stuff that keeps her up late and needs light, which isn't conducive for a sleeping toddler. Can you carve out a space for her somewhere else, like a basement or attic bedroom? That would free up the intended bedroom for more littles.

I assume the baby needs his own room due to sleep issues so he doesn't wake anyone else up. Does he really need a whole bedroom or is there some other space he can occupy for the time being (a walk in closet?) while you sleep train so that the two youngest can eventually share?

How big are the current bedrooms? Can you partition one that's bigger into two separate spaces?

Congratulations on the new house!

teachkids

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 5:30 am
Can you put toddler girl with little boys in the biggest bedroom for now and when baby's a bit bigger swap him and his sister?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children