Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Gefilte fish cookie recipe?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:13 am
Ty

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:30 am
Would a cupcake recipe work or do you only want cookies? I have a delicious gefilte carrot cake recipe with a creamy chrein frosting. Perfect for fish course or dessert.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:33 am
I also have a chicken nugget cookie recipe if you're looking for a sweet side dish for your fleishig course.

Jalapeño

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:35 am
these are very good Purim jokes . . . right?

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:36 am
I think OP is talking about the sugar cookies that you can color part of the dough orange and make it look like a piece of gefilte fish

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:38 am
I'm looking specifically for a cookie one. Think nshei news posted once

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:40 am
If you want to make a gefilte fish looking cookie, just use any sugar cookie recipe and roll the dough into a log. Cut slices and place on tray. Take a bit of the dough and add yellow and red coloring to make it orange colored. Roll the orange dough into a small log and cut into slices. Bake separately, then put together when baked.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:43 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
If you want to make a gefilte fish looking cookie, just use any sugar cookie recipe and roll the dough into a log. Cut slices and place on tray. Take a bit of the dough and add yellow and red coloring to make it orange colored. Roll the orange dough into a small log and cut into slices. Bake separately, then put together when baked.

bake it together because it’ll fall off otherwise

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:44 am
Wait, we're not talking about desserts with actual fish in them? Oopsies. My mistake.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:53 am
My DD brought one of these cookies home from school once. It really looked like gefilte fish! It was so funny.

Sorry, I didn't make it with her so don't know the recipe, but think like other said, it was just a plain sugar cookie with orange circle on top.

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:57 am
I’m getting nauseous

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 11:31 am
Another option is Dunkin hines regular vanilla cake - bake in a sheet pan and use a plastic cup to cut out ovals - plate with some Dunkin hines red velvet cake crumbled on the side for chrein, and a spoonful of vanilla frosting for mayonnaise. And a slice of orange dot candy on the fish for a carrot .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics