Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Principal on purim

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:50 am
We moved from Brooklyn this year, and my daughter joined a Lakewood school...
I see they are inviting us over Purim to the principal and school owner's homes.
I never heard of this before only teachers....
Are most families expected to show up? It doesn't look like I can swing it. so I'm wondering do I send in a tip and card like I'm doing for the teachers or is that insulting.
I happen to appreciate that she helped my daughter transition
And then what about the Director ? I would have liked to leave that up to my husband but I can't see him doing anything. He'd rather give a donation when necessary... Can I just leave him out of the picture?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:59 am
They put it on the list jic. Personally I have never gone unless I felt I had a specific connection which I do to my boys' because we were one of the first in the school, but not by my girls.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 9:36 am
Fortunately for me, ours is a commuter school and there is no custom of visiting teachers or principals because many if not most of the kids and teachers don't live in the area. But I would assume that an invite from the principal is a pro forma kind of thing and not a royal summons. Unless the school has like twenty students, I'm sure the principal doesn't make note of who did or did not show up. I wouldn't go.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 9:39 am
We usually go to my girls principal but it’s nearby and she knows my girls personally. The English principal we don’t go to . Do what works for you. The girls love when the principals see them in costume and they each get a little shaloch manos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics