Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Which magazines or sites can I write for fast??
1  2  Next

Charnie123

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:56 am
Writing is my talent and passion and I need a freelance part time income flow.

Which magazines (Jewish) take pieces? Which ones can I actually get through? What about websites? Stories? I have a lot of pieces I’ve written for fun. Please please share sources asap.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:24 am
Out of the box suggestion - try signing up for data annotations. They have you train AI. There is some writing and a lot of editing. Their application involves creative writing, I love writing and had fun doing it. Didn’t get accepted though.

It’s hard to get accepted but if you do, I imagine it’s more reliable and probably even pays better than frum magazines which are also hard to get into.

https://www.dataannotation.tech/

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Out of the box suggestion - try signing up for data annotations. They have you train AI. There is some writing and a lot of editing. Their application involves creative writing, I love writing and had fun doing it. Didn’t get accepted though.

It’s hard to get accepted but if you do, I imagine it’s more reliable and probably even pays better than frum magazines which are also hard to get into.

I tried this and I passed one round and then they had me do the second one and said will get back to me in a few days. Any other similar ones? I had so much fun

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:04 pm
Charnie123 wrote:
Writing is my talent and passion and I need a freelance part time income flow.

Which magazines (Jewish) take pieces? Which ones can I actually get through? What about websites? Stories? I have a lot of pieces I’ve written for fun. Please please share sources asap.

All the Jewish magazines are always looking for pieces. They have specific things they're looking for. To understand, read a bunch of what they have. They all sound alike.

It's not so hard to get accepted, but they're looking for something specific each of them.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:37 pm
amother Amber wrote:
I tried this and I passed one round and then they had me do the second one and said will get back to me in a few days. Any other similar ones? I had so much fun

I hope you get in! If you don’t, they don’t update you. You just wait and realize at some point that you weren’t accepted.

I dont know of any site like data annotations. I complete studies on prolific and cloud connect research which is also fun but different and less well paying.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:38 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
All the Jewish magazines are always looking for pieces. They have specific things they're looking for. To understand, read a bunch of what they have. They all sound alike.

It's not so hard to get accepted, but they're looking for something specific each of them.

This is so funny. I guess the idea is that it’s tried and true but you’d think they’d like to branch out.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:45 pm
It is what it is...
You need to think of the magazines not as a platform, but as a client. A poorly paying client at that.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:46 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
This is so funny. I guess the idea is that it’s tried and true but you’d think they’d like to branch out.

I didn't mean it negatively. It's a certain genre and that's what they publish. It's what their readers expect. It's what their editors work with. If you come up with something brilliant and unconventional and interesting but not their genre, they're not usually going to publish it.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:54 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I didn't mean it negatively. It's a certain genre and that's what they publish. It's what their readers expect. It's what their editors work with. If you come up with something brilliant and unconventional and interesting but not their genre, they're not usually going to publish it.

You're right and you're wrong. If its a genre that still fits in their particular hashkafic box (which varies by publication) they 100% will publish it (if it's actually brilliant and interesting that is Smile ).

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:56 pm
The writers I know who send in pieces can wait months for it to be accepted. It’s not reliable income at all.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:59 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
The writers I know who send in pieces can wait months for it to be accepted. It’s not reliable income at all.

True but once you become an established writer at one publication it all goes much faster.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 4:32 pm
There's nothing fast or easy about writing for frum magazines.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:

Thanks, I did the application and the next qualification test and am waiting for their response. I appreciate it!

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:26 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:

A question about Data Annotation - is it freelance-based, or are you their actual employee?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:29 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
A question about Data Annotation - is it freelance-based, or are you their actual employee?

Freelance 1099

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:26 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Freelance 1099

So they tell the pay up front?

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:28 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
True but once you become an established writer at one publication it all goes much faster.

No not really. Unless you are an official writer who gets a paycheck instead of a pay per article.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:07 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
So they tell the pay up front?

Yes, they tell you the pay for each project and you choose if you want to work on it or not. It’s a minimum of $20 an hour for regular working and $40 an hour for computer programming work.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:01 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Thanks, I did the application and the next qualification test and am waiting for their response. I appreciate it!

So I got accepted but I was doing the onboarding and my husband was very uncomfortable with all of it. He was worried that it's a scam Sad

So that's out I guess

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:06 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
So I got accepted but I was doing the onboarding and my husband was very uncomfortable with all of it. He was worried that it's a scam Sad

So that's out I guess

Omigosh I’m so jealous! I wish I got in.

It’s not a scam. Check out the data annotations subreddit where people share their experiences using the site - https://www.reddit.com/r/dataa.....2sNBf

It would be so silly to give up on earning easy money like this because your husband is anxious and thinks it’s a scam without any evidence. Do some research.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club