Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why do wigs go on sale?

writinggirl

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 6:20 am
Why do sheitel machers run wig sales? Is it because the colours are no longer trending (ie ashy coming in and warm going out) or are the sale wigs just their “lemon” wigs? Not talking about precuts, which go out of style.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 6:45 am
Not a SM but assuming same as anywhere that has promotions on regular products-

They get a lot more sales in a short time frame and are still making a profit on what they sell. It’s also a way to potentially get new clients

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 6:54 am
For all the same exact reasons anything else goes on sale sometimes

writinggirl

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 9:21 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
For all the same exact reasons anything else goes on sale sometimes

Doesn’t really answer my question lol.

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 10:04 am
Often because a new line is coming in with new features and they want to make room for new stock and get rid of the ones they have left. Shaitels can't sit around forever they look fresher the newer the hair is.

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 8:18 pm
Because they need to get rid of their old merchandise and bring in the new. Whatever didn’t sell after a season needs to go. By selling it discounted, they get rid of it and make more money.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 6:02 am
Sometimes it's because the hairsare out of style, sleek to coarse, or style is out going from straight etc etc or layered to non layered.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 9:00 pm
As a sheitel macher, various reasons. I got too many of the same type, and don’t have room for them all. I want to sell more wigs in a short time, and am willing to sacrifice some profit for quicker cash. I just want to get more people in the store. Sometimes I offer a big discount if someone buys two wigs, and I get a lot of traffic because people are excited, but then most of them just buy one wig, so I still got the traffic and sales, but didn’t actually sell any discounted wigs. Sometimes I put on a sale because others are doing sales, and I need to compete.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:09 am
Because it get people to walk through the door.
During the sale, instead of the wig being very very very overpriced, it is only very very overpriced.

Charnie123

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:24 am
Clearing out stock, the new wig may not be drastically different but just a newer line, you want the wig before it gets stale just sitting there. Also, just simply to make more sales, bc the discounts bring in more shoppers and even the sale price is bringing a profit not a loss, so a lot of people buying cheaper wigs that still have a profit margin on each wig can be very successful

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 8:30 am
I buy from a company that does regular sales throughout the year on the same wigs they sell full price. It's because they're making a huge profit anyway, and generating more sales at once and potentially more clients. No difference in wig lines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels