Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
BH my kids are cute or we would give them away!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 9:10 am
notshanarishona wrote:
This way of talking always bothers me and feels inappropriate even as a joke.
Kids can do annoying things, one if my kids dropped a bowl of boiling hot milchigs noodles into a fleishig drawer treifing up half our utensils, but I still wouldn’t talk like that. Kids can be frustrating, require a lot of patience, but al tiftach peh lasatan.

I always say if you see a super adorable/pretty baby/toddler, pity the mother!!!
My kids have done a lot more damage than that, they were just being kids. That doesn't make one want to pull their hair out or say what op said.
2 of My kids have adhd. (One medicated so she can be domesticated LOL but it is by NO means a magic pill)

It's the daily grind of kids and the more challenging days that makes us say that. You should never understand.

And yes, I have often said, "good thing they are cute or I'd have given them up eons ago.

And yes. I also spend extra on their clothing and accessories and more sure they look just so. It's easier to parent a cute put together kid whos in an adhd sensory overload induced rage than the same kid in shlumpy clothing and crazy hair.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:06 am
everyone chill! its an expression and I hear it all the time.

I love my kids to pieces but when they make trouble and then look at me with their cute little faces I just melt.

so yes! its a good thing theyre so cute!! LOL

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 10:59 am
You can say you’re lucky your kids are cute.. but to add or we would give them away is just an ugly thing to say. Just my opinion

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:26 am
amother Lily wrote:
Yup... H' made our babies and toddlers cute so we'd keep them, and He made our teenagers be teenagers so we'd let them get married! (As heard from a big chinuch expert)
LOL
Good one!

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 11:29 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
You can say you’re lucky your kids are cute.. but to add or we would give them away is just an ugly thing to say. Just my opinion

Agree. I say that all the time "It's a good thing they're cute" but that's the whole statement. I actually never heard anyone continue it the way OP did.
Also, not all kids are cute.

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:05 pm
Op while you think your kids are cute, I hate to break it to you: there are billions others who think the same.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:07 pm
It's funny because it's true. The human race would probably not exist if HaShem didn't make kids so cute and lovable
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics