Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ozempic, obesity, and Oprah
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 2:06 am
What's going to happen to all these people when they go off ozempic, gain it right back? Or on it for life?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:05 am
amother Garnet wrote:
Allowing toxic ultra processed foods to be sold, allowing toxins in food that are banned in other countries, allowing marketing of processed toxic foods to be marketed to children.

And yes I know at some point it's up to individuals to make good choices but our food supply and food culture is so corrupted from the bottom up that it's really really really hard to raise healthy humans.

And it's not just the food industry. Other industries produce toxins as well that are endocrine disruptions, gut microbiome damages etc which all feed into this health crisis we have.

But instead of going back to basics, government will approve and even pay for risky drug treatments that pumps more money into these industries that make us sick.

I think you mean from the top down...

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:14 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:
I have pcos. Been on Wegovy for 2 years.
I have suffered since puberty with weight. Prior to Wegovy, I did so many diets. I was successful for periods of time, wirh an INSANE amount of effort, and then I would get pregnant etc...
The amount of effort it took was abnormal. I worked out 4 to 5 times a week and followed weight watchers or low carb, keto etc... I would lose, but not even close to put me to a healthy weight.
When I started Wegovy I knew right away that this was different. For the first time in my life I wasn't constantly hungry. What they refer too as food noise, went away for me. I feel like for people like me, there is hormones that were missing that Wegovy has. I still get hungry and I eat like a normal person but now I am not gaining weight.
I don't understand it but I don't care. I only wish it was available to me as a 12 year old. I can not begin to tell you how much its changed my life. I look back at the misery my being overweight caused me and feel so sorry for myself.
I am beyond grateful for this miracle.
Did you read the article I posted about your body's built in ozempic? It's possible you were missing hormones or that your hunger/satiety feedback loop was messed up, but it's not because you were born this way. It's because our toxic world messed with your microbiome. People on here laugh when I talk about the importance of gut health, but it really really is THAT important.

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:14 am
amother Bronze wrote:
I think you mean from the top down...
Both directions lol
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise