Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Trying to understand this...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:56 pm
I see this often. People vent here about a problem they have with someone IRL. what if that person is reading your post? Aren't you embarrassed to be sharing personal information?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
I see this often. People vent here about a problem they have with someone IRL. what if that person is reading your post? Aren't you embarrassed to be sharing personal information?

Often they will change the details, and generally they post anonymously.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Perhaps they (subconsciously?) want the person to know how they feel…

justforfun87

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:00 pm
I actually figured out a person from a post as my friend was "the other side" and telling me about an issue. I didn't say a WORD to her that she was written about on imamother. First time happening in the decade I have been on here.

patzer

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:01 pm
It's a very good question. Perhaps they change some details, or perhaps their issue is such a common one, no one would recognize themselves. Or perhaps they truly have nothing to hide and don't mind if others know that they're seeking opinions.

Tao

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:05 pm
most will not post under their screenname and will change details. Regardless I don't get the whole spilling your guts to strangers on the internet thing in any case. (yes, even if you have no-one IRL to tell. IMO it's then even more dangerous for you to be sharing deep intimate and personal details with people who you know absolutely nothing about, considering you have no real-life support system. I'm not saying I don't feel for you and agree it's terrible you have no-one to share it with, but I do not agree that Imamother, or any other internet site for that matter, is a healthy alternative, or any sort of alternative at all.)

tweety1

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:06 pm
I have a feeling my former tenant is on here. Quite frankly I don't even care. I posted about her. Honestly, I know I sound rude, but if she doesn't like it she didn't have to do the things she did. Absolutely no reason. Of course I changed details. Some minor but not enough she shouldn't be able to identify herself.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:57 pm
And not only this, ppl give “helpful advice” to strangers, I know of a few ppl on here, not the healthiest, they take a situation and twist it around making them sound right, and ppl without knowing the true story give them advice, it just makes the situation a thousand times worse.
Just a suggestion, instead of taking sides or offering advice when someone complaints about their spouse mom dad sil ect.. pls don’t take sides cause u don’t know the true story, just empathize say oy that must be hard…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette