Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I want to uncover because I can’t afford wigs!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:41 am
I believe Chavi Russel offers payment plans. She is based in Chicago but does virtual consults. And will mail wig to you. She includes all cuts color and repair.

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:59 am
Hi! I’m the owner of Mazette Wigs in Monsey (replying anonymously here). I sell very affordable wigs, and do what I can to make it work out for every budget. I do payment plans as well, and I do video call appointments for long-distance customers, so everyone has a chance to experience great customer service and personalized care. I’d love to help you! You can find me on Facebook, or WhatsApp me at 3 4 7- 3 0 7 - 7 3 3 1. This mitzvah is supposed to be doable and even enjoyable for everyone. Hatzlacha!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:02 am
A synthetic can do fine. No it won't last ten years. About six months, depending. Might cost $50. You would also need 'synthetic wig shampoo,' another twenty dollars. And a wig stand and wig caps and a wide-tooth comb. Not big expenses. You mentioned 'blonde.'

Paula Young website sells to a lot of frum women:

https://www.paulayoung.com/pro.....ng.do

another source, there are many websites including amazon that have synthetic wigs. And as far as I know they are all made the same. Yes, some are thicker than others. The basic capless construction is the same. The size can be adjusted bigger or smaller. I usually cut mine at the back, because they are always a little tight on me.

Don't judge a wig out of the box, judge it after its first washing.

More:

https://wilshirewigs.com/sonia......html

Now for the real bargains. Twenty dollars! Look:

https://www.lightinthebox.com/......html

https://www.lightinthebox.com/......html

Wash in cold, cold water. Press in a towel, dry overnight on an open wig stand. NO hairdryer.

This is one shampoo. There are many:

https://www.uptownwigs.com/kle.....-love

I have thrown out or given a way a few. That doesn't bother me, at these prices.

When you find a good one, get five of them. The styles get discontinued and then you can't get that one again.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:04 am
(Didn't read replies, but)
Shira's wigs/The Wig Tour specifically, she has pop up Wig sales periodically, if you're near Teanek it's rare but her overstock sale too, her wigs are beautiful & lower end (at these sales, not in her regular store prices.

Otherwise can try sheutle gemachs?
Just keep searching, I think not being able to afford the 2 & 3k plus is not uncommon, & if you search there are affordable options out there, hatzlacha!

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:17 am
I rem reading about a woman in monsey I believe who sells tremendously discounted wigs. she doesn’t make money on it she does it as a chesed. I read about her in the ami. does anyone know what I am referring to and can direct OP?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:41 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
I rem reading about a woman in monsey I believe who sells tremendously discounted wigs. she doesn’t make money on it she does it as a chesed. I read about her in the ami. does anyone know what I am referring to and can direct OP?

That’s Shaintels.com

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:47 pm
I believe Mimi’s wigs in Pomona offers payment plans

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:16 pm
OP, don't be put off by one bad experience with a synthetic.

Sure you should call these people and get a real wig.

Having a synthetic around, or a few, could still be useful as back-up. The blonde ones with shading can look normal, realistic and quite nice.

No, of course it's not quite as realistic and undetectable. A very sharp eyed person can tell it's not human hair. As long as I look really, really good in it, not clownish, wiggy, or doll haired, the detectability does not bother me. I am proud of this badge of observance. A BT attitude.

I can understand not wanting to look budget-y, or cut-rate.

But a spare fall-back wig might not be so bad to have.

It is much more invisible to a passer-by than a scarf or snood.

I wonder if the brownish ones are more convincingly realistic than the blonde ones. Maaaybe.

rockland

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:32 pm
There's a wholesaler in Monsey: Yaeli's wigs. 1-347-693-0608.

She orders them custom made per customer, turn around time is under a month. Great products, super natural, lace front, lace top (whatever you're preference) ..I would say average they come in around $1500, does not include cut or any adjustments needed. Highly recommend. Low cost is cutting out the middle-man.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:43 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:

I think the last name is shlisselfeld.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 7:45 pm
I have had a lot of luck buying wigs from ethnic wig shops, beauty supply stores, and Amazon. My most expensive one was under $150, and it was human hair, lace cap, long length. I have some basic sewing skills, so I am able to adjust them myself if necessary. I recommend you stick to lace front if you buy like this, not a full lace cap. Get a pre-plucked one. If you’re looking online, look for a glueless wig.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Any info on marina germazian can’t find anywhere

It seems like all prices went up and even Marina who does it cheap it ends up being over $1,000.

smz

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Any info on marina germazian can’t find anywhere

I might be able to help with cheap first hand wig. You can email me scahan123@gmail.com

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
That’s Shaintels.com

Shaintels is having a big sale now.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 8:50 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
I believe Chavi Russel offers payment plans. She is based in Chicago but does virtual consults. And will mail wig to you. She includes all cuts color and repair.

Does anyone have any idea what her wigs cost? What is the price range?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels