Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I’m a size 0 and nothing fits me in the frum stores
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
I always wonder why people like you don't buy kids stuff. I'm about size 6-8 and buy the largest size kids.

My DD often did...size 12-14 kids. But sometimes the styles are not suitable. She did not want to look 15 when she was in her mid 20's.

Chew21

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:51 am
I'm with you OP! Now currently pregnant and nothing looking normal either. What about blank? I found alot of their things fitting me well because they ran small and pricing reasonable. Not shabbos though mainly weekday.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:01 am
Have you tried Fame on Central? I think some of their lines runs very small.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:05 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
I always wonder why people like you don't buy kids stuff. I'm about size 6-8 and buy the largest size kids.

I find kids dresses and tops are built for narrows shoulders, no bust, and shorter arms - I'm 5'7 though so probably my height makes this more of an issue. In theory it would work out, but in reality not.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I used to be able to simply take in some things. But now there’s so many more detailing that’s all wrong. The waistlines are all the way down on so many dresses no one has that long of a stomach. The prices 200-300$ isn’t worth extra tailoring when it has threads coming out all over the place. I know I wld fit in the kids clothing but it has a babyish look I’m older than 30 it won’t work. I can wear my preteens clothing but I look ridiculous. I agree with poster who mentioned ellie makir they have beautiful things but $$ I’ll check out the other website mentioned. I buy from non Jewish brands on sale. Only cropped tops work for me. Sometimes it’ll take 2-3 years before I finally find a black skirt from the Jewish stores that fits just right. The slip dresses sold in the stores are a huge no no! They look terrible on me only for ppl with more of a figure.

Hanging too long, sleeves too tight, style toi juvenile - this isnt a size 0 issue. Its an overall fit issue. It will not get better as you go up in size.

And almost nothing will fit just right without tailoring.

I know I mentioned my teens above that clothes look good on them, but I still tailor so the waist, hem, sleeves all hit in the right place. Not every outfit needs it but many do.
I also was meaning to contrast them with my curvy, well endowed, size 2 post sem dd who has a much harder time. Tailoring still helps alot.

However, we are able to find where the overall fit looks fine. just shlumpy and not as fluttering. Yes its an expense and time - I wish I knew how to do it myself!
And not every outfit looks good and those ww pass on, but plenty do.

If the dept store brands fit you, focus on that. Unless you're going designer the frum stores are not cheaper.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:35 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t have this issue at all with expensive designers. I can wear the size 0 they put on the runway with no problem just minus the height issue.

Realistically I can’t only buy couture dresses to look good.. I’m on the lower end of middle class way out of my budget. Not sure why the frum stores can’t figure out their sizing once and for all.

Missed this one.
So you have no curves at all (hence fit runway couture styles).

Yeah. You're going to have a hard time finding clothes anywhere as most people are not like you.

I dont blame the stores.

Most people are not even as flat as they make clothes once they have kids -- thats frustrating for many more pple

This is frustrating for you.

You will need to bite the bullet and tailor.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:01 am
My DD is 18, 5"1', and skinny and flat.

Everything swamps her. She's tried kid's sizes but she wants to look a little more grown up.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:24 am
- Find a good seamstress who can alter the clothes to fit your figure.

- Buy skirts in the teen or children's department.

- Next vacation, go to the Far East and shop there (they have smaller sizes and are often more modestly designed than mainstream US stores) or get things custom-tailored (you can do this in Bangkok for a very reasonable price).

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:11 am
I’m 5’3”and a 00…

Just lpsing my last few pregnancy pounds.

Before I had kids I would shop in the teen section but now… .all my weight moved to my hips and bottom. I’m skinnier than ever on top honestly I have to laugh at myself. There’s no good solution .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:14 am
The far east sounds good maybe one day..! Yes I’ve tried fame on central I did get lucky once have one of my favorite dresses in my closet.
I agree I will def need to be on the eye out for something I really like and tailor if needed. The designer I buy on sale tends to be 350-400 reduced already by 60-70 off. The finds are few and far between as I can’t afford full price.
I was putting this out there as so many people have come to me saying I must be so lucky I can buy anything in the store but I struggle more than the ppl who are average sized. Yes I have wished I cld be bigger but (mostly) accepted this is the way I am.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics