Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What decor do you get to enhance your pesach table?

hodeez

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 4:08 pm
I have always wanted to do cloth napkins with rings, what other ideas can I implement that aren't too costly?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:19 pm
I got cheap napkin rings from Amazon and use with fancy paper napkins.
I also use wipeable vinyl chargers from Amazon.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:21 pm
Flowers (real or fake). I get one bouquet and split it into smaller vases spread across the table so it’s cheap but gives a nice touch to the table

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:25 pm
My pesach table is mostly white - tablecloth and dishes are solid white. So I bought rose colored wine glasses and rose colored cloth Napkins and it looked so elegant.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:31 pm
Flowers
My mother’s traditional stuff new towels, new clothes shoes
hand towels for washing and kitchen towels

Disposables and
I get a new Seder thing every year like glasses, dishes kaara we used disposable the first year
We haven’t bought silver yet

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:38 pm
I don't use my chametz silver so besides my bechers, I got everything gilted in gold. Table looks amazing. And so different than my typical shbs table. Gold cutlery, gold modern napkin holder, gold rimmed glasses...

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 5:44 pm
I don't use any disposables, my husband's extremely hypersensitive about gebrokts. So it's all white and silver with real china with deep red roses. Looks stunning

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:03 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Flowers (real or fake). I get one bouquet and split it into smaller vases spread across the table so it’s cheap but gives a nice touch to the table

Oh, that too! I have faux flowers in 3 short vases that I use for Pesach.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:05 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I don't use any disposables, my husband's extremely hypersensitive about gebrokts. So it's all white and silver with real china with deep red roses. Looks stunning

My Pesach china has both silver and gold tones so that whatever I use on the table matches. Every year, I'm once again excited to see it!

(I love Pesach if you can't tell!)

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 6:09 pm
amother Papaya wrote:

What do disposable dishes have to do with gebrokts?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:06 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
What do disposable dishes have to do with gebrokts?

Thank you, was wondering the same.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Thank you, was wondering the same.

I'm perplexed as well
Most people who are extremely machmir on gebrokts will yes use disposables...

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:09 pm
I love getting bold, elegant disposable plasticware. (With coordnating cutlery and napkins) It makes the table look so special with the look of China without investing in a stately style that I might not love forever.

I also do smaller bouquets (fake flowers) along the table.

We make fancy name cards that coordinate with the look, and pull it all together.

Sometimes I’ll buy a new tablecloth to step it up a notch. I LOVE having a beautiful Pesach table.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:22 pm
My usual color scheme is white and gold and silver as this matches my crockery and other Seder paraphernalia. I add in lots of greenery and flowers for spring. Last year my biggest upgrade though, was a 3d kriyat yam suf scene including the seabed,waves, benei Yisrael and mitzrim that could be arranged in anyway in the middle of the table. (In previous years we used Playmobil etc) It may not have perfectly coordinated with my color scheme but it kept the kids entertained for hours reenacting yetziat mitzaim and really enhanced the Seder.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 8:23 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
I'm perplexed as well
Most people who are extremely machmir on gebrokts will yes use disposables...

Yeah, that's specifically why we do disposables, so if something got matzah crumbs accidentally it won't come back into the kitchen.

(I guess it's better this way. Otherwise I'd need to buy a Pesach dishwasher to survive.)

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:51 pm
We also like to use plastic for reasons of gebrokhs. Just throw out, no chance of matzo being on the plate. I wonder what she meant by specifically using china

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:51 pm
A nice runner really enhances the table.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
My pesach table is mostly white - tablecloth and dishes are solid white. So I bought rose colored wine glasses and rose colored cloth Napkins and it looked so elegant.
sounds so beautiful 🤩

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:57 pm
We don't use plastic, and only use white or glass dishes on Pesach. So that's pretty boring.

We also don't buy real flowers since we don't know if it was around chometz while growing etc.

We get lots of real silver items, glass decanters for wine, Kareh and matching matza tashens, a big silver cup for Eliyahu, Pretty centerpiece holders for the silverware, a big glass matza box for the center of the table etc.
It ends up looking royal even without much color.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics