Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Chaya

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:17 pm
DH really wants to name Chaya for his grandmother. I really don’t like the name but we don’t do adding second names. Are there any cute nicknames? Help me like it!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:18 pm
I love my Chayale!

Chaiky, Chai

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:19 pm
My daughter has been named “aya” and “yaya” by younger siblings, and I call her chai all the time.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:29 pm
Chaya means life. Liv is also a name meaning life. I've always thought that Liv or Livvie could be cute as a nickname for Chaya.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:04 am
I have a chaya and she is just the best. we kept it chaya, and I don’t regret that. We did call her chay sometimes but it didn’t stick as a nickname

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:19 am
Love love the name Chaya!

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:21 am
Chayale, chayala, chaykie, Chayka, Chaichu.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:29 am
Another nickname is Chayi - I know a couple of them

salt

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 3:50 am
Chaychke'

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:20 am
I think chayas a lot better than some of these nicknames… please don’t call her chayi! 🙈

Chaya means life, that’s really meaningful especially now with all the young deaths in Israel! I also like chai, both as short nickname and a nod to am yisroel chai.

And if you stick with chaya, I’m sure the name will grow on you… it’s not 100% but most people get used to their kids names and come to love it (along with the kid it’s connected to.)

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 5:49 am
I have a Chaya. I love the name, I see it as a cute, uncomplicated straightforward name! Can't really explain why I feel this way, but my Chaya and many other Chayas I know are the same-cute, uncomplicated....!

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:35 am
amother Coral wrote:
I think chayas a lot better than some of these nicknames… please don’t call her chayi! 🙈

Chaya means life, that’s really meaningful especially now with all the young deaths in Israel! I also like chai, both as short nickname and a nod to am yisroel chai.

And if you stick with chaya, I’m sure the name will grow on you… it’s not 100% but most people get used to their kids names and come to love it (along with the kid it’s connected to.)

As a Chaya, I agree with the bolded! I actually like that it's a common name. Makes me feel like I fit in.

Re kids names: my.DD has an unusual combination name, and at first it felt really weird, but it's really grown on me and now it sounds so normal.

Lizzie4

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:38 am
I know someone who calls her Chaya - Vivi

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 7:03 am
Its such a pretty name
so feminine and beautiful meaning
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names