Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Emergency! Car insurance

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:45 pm
My husband was in 2 costly car accidents this past 6 months and it was his fault Can't Believe It . Our insurance it’s going to renew this mont and they want to raise it to an unaffordable number. We contact several other insurance agencies and no one is going us normal price. I am freaking out thinking about paying the new price that everyone is quoting us.
Does anyone know of an agency that can give us a good deal?
Thank you!

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:47 pm
Do you have a broker? They can often help you with smaller companies

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:48 pm
Ask about a defensive driving course, sometimes they'll let you go to one and then drop the rate somewhat.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:49 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Do you have a broker? They can often help you with smaller companies

Yes not helping at all

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:49 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Ask about a defensive driving course, sometimes they'll let you go to one and then drop the rate somewhat.

It dropped the price to $50 less a month. Not so much of a difference

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:10 pm
We had this too because my husband never knew his license was suspended for an unpaid ticket. We paid the astronomical car insurance for a year and kept quoting others until we found lower.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:26 pm
We just had this. Unfortunately tried so so many brokers and we are paying a crazy amount. The broker that did it for us said we can try again in a few months when one of the accidents from a few years ago falls off the record and we can get for cheaper. It’s been really hard. So many ppl promised they’ll helps us but weren’t able to pull through.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:29 pm
Oy! I feel so bad for you. I was in a minor accident which was technically my fault but literally was just a small dent. They insisted on calling police so that costed me a ticket. plus somehow they managed to get the car as totaled so they walked away with 10k! My insurance went up insanely!!! we shopped around and there's really nothing to do about it as far as all my research. Its not normal!! whenever I see or hear about a car accident I now think about and feel so bad for the person at fault because car insurance situation is insanity!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:17 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Oy! I feel so bad for you. I was in a minor accident which was technically my fault but literally was just a small dent. They insisted on calling police so that costed me a ticket. plus somehow they managed to get the car as totaled so they walked away with 10k! My insurance went up insanely!!! we shopped around and there's really nothing to do about it as far as all my research. Its not normal!! whenever I see or hear about a car accident I now think about and feel so bad for the person at fault because car insurance situation is insanity!!

Thank you ❤️ It’s so bad 🥺

real israeli

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:06 am
I have Allstate with their accident forgiveness plan. I did get into an accident and they didn't raise my rates, but I don't know if they'd start low or take you on with two accidents on your record. Worth a call to ask

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:43 am
amother Ruby wrote:

Was the other car Jewish? Genuinely curious

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:59 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Was the other car Jewish? Genuinely curious

Why would it matter? And saying you’re genuinely curious is superfluous. You’re asking, so you’re genuinely curious. Otherwise why ask?

Rates are insane these days. We’ve had a couple of incidents this year and I’m dreading the renewal.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:02 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Why would it matter? And saying you’re genuinely curious is superfluous. You’re asking, so you’re genuinely curious. Otherwise why ask?

Rates are insane these days. We’ve had a couple of incidents this year and I’m dreading the renewal.

I'm genuinely curious because I've had multiple stories and only the ones that were with non Jewish people did I have a crazy story with (I'm being sued now for the second time. different story but both were unjustified)

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:06 am
I'm genuinely curious because I've had multiple stories and only the ones that were with non Jewish people did I have a crazy story with (I'm being sued now for the second time. different story but both were unjustified)

It’s about morals, not religion. You could have had the same experience with someone that’s Protestant, Catholic, atheist, Jewish or anything else.

Do you need to open a can of worms where eager posters will start recounting their tales of being cheated by frum Jews? Because I can guarantee that will happen.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 2:13 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
It’s about morals, not religion. You could have had the same experience with someone that’s Protestant, Catholic, atheist, Jewish or anything else.

Do you need to open a can of worms where eager posters will start recounting their tales of being cheated by frum Jews? Because I can guarantee that will happen.

I know there are Jews who are dishonest but we've had car stories with both Jews and non Jews. I have no idea what religion the non Jewish people were but the Jews always said it's ok or just went through insurance but didn't sue! I'm talking for other people too. Whenever the other car was non Jewish it didn't end well...

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 7:53 am
I know there are Jews who are dishonest but we've had car stories with both Jews and non Jews. I have no idea what religion the non Jewish people were but the Jews always said it's ok or just went through insurance but didn't sue! I'm talking for other people too. Whenever the other car was non Jewish it didn't end well...

That’s your experience. Like the above poster said, you can hear lots of stories of Jews being dishonest too. I have some to share, but I won’t.

But stop baiting

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:27 am
amother Magnolia wrote:

No, she’s waiting for it go on Reddit.
In all seriousness, there are people with and without morals everywhere.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:42 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
No, she’s waiting for it go on Reddit.
In all seriousness, there are people with and without morals everywhere.

Whats Reddit? I have no idea what you're referring to
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries