Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do I dress her for the bar mitzva?
Previous  1  2

Busybee5

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:12 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
That's generally not the situation with Ali dresses.

I've had great experiences with Ali specials dresses so far. I'm waiting for one for this season still which does look a thinner material but I can see it on the pictures and I'm happy with that. They don't all look like junk. My daughter looked like she was in a £80 dress last year and I paid £22.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:18 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£14.19 30%OFF | AP Navy Collection Fall Girls Silk Satin Dress Family Matching Clothes Boys Plaid Pants Overalls Baby Romper Polo Sweater, #7701
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQUf909

I bought this dress for my girls and didn't like it at all. They only wore it once the whole season. I would not recommend it for a bar mitzvah.

Also looking for a bar mitzvah dress but for a skinny small 11 year old and 3 year old.

beloved

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:18 pm
What about something like this with lining added for tznius? https://www.amazon.com/Arshine.....psc=1

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:19 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Im having a very hard time picturing an 8yr old thats 5'9!

I dont think that number is correct.

Is she really 5'9 or is it a typo? I'm 5'10 and am considered tall for a woman.
In any case, good luck finding something.

dena613

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:11 am
I've seen8 year olds who were approx5"5

I like the first ali dress posted

Tanya1234

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:25 am
Op,
Tia cibani runs very full. They have a great fit. Worth looking into.
Also, beautifull in Monsey usually brings in 1-2 teen Style dresses usually high yoke style. Maybe Look at their website or message them on insta.
Petite Amelia had a very cute loose fitting dress with a shirt collar style that looks adorable on fuller kids. Sorry no links atm

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:33 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
Im having a very hard time picturing an 8yr old thats 5'9!

I dont think that number is correct.

Same reaction, 5”9 would be outlandishly tall for an 8 year old.

Cspybe

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Have a 8 year old girl who is overweight and very tall. She's 5"9 taller than most adults and wears XXL. She's really overweight has a big belly.
How do I dress her for a bar mitzva?
Most people I see dress their little girls in poof and tulle but she would look ridiculous in that. She can't wear a sleek long dress because anything long usually has a waist and things with waists dont fit .
Her best look is regular knee length shabbos dresses that have a yoke on top or just swing style ...
But I want her fancier than a regular shabbos dress. How can I dress her in a floor length dress?
Really unsure .
Any ideas ?
Links even better.

5'9 at 8 years old?
Wow!!
My 10 year old is 4,11 and the tallest in her class

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:09 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
And who says this won't fit well and be of similar quality to a pricier dress?

Ali junk will not look nice on a difficult figured child, sorry to bust your bubble. A skinny petite kid can get away with low quality, not a larger kid. She needs well tailored, good fabric stuff.

Op I’ve seen a couple pretty ones on here. If she’s really the size you posted in your op then you need to shop women’s.

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:12 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Nice for a grown up, you need to remember that she's only 8! That's very young. I personally don't think long or midi for an overweight young girl would look that good short is more flattering

She needs women’s sizing. What’s wrong with a lacy dress? Put a big bow or flowers in her hair, she’ll look her age.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:38 pm
Maybe she means 59”?

busy mommy

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:10 pm
Would this work? It is $16.80 when added to your cart and it comes in big sizes. (although I also think the 5'9" is probably a typo for 59")

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:12 pm
So sorry she's not 5"9 ! she's 5"6 she's very very tall for her age!
All the ideas of dresses with a waist line simply won't work..she's extremely wide shoulders and large belly. Her legs and down are regular size...she's very wide if that makes sense..anything with a waist literally won't fit. She wears a size 20 in kiddichic but only the dresses with very loose wide cuts. If it has a waist line it doesn't close at all.
Any of those links posted on ali only go up to a size 14 won't work at all.

There was one dress that looked like it might work the lace swing one.. style wise that's what works for her.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:13 pm
Tanya1234 wrote:
Op,
Tia cibani runs very full. They have a great fit. Worth looking into.
Also, beautifull in Monsey usually brings in 1-2 teen Style dresses usually high yoke style. Maybe Look at their website or message them on insta.
Petite Amelia had a very cute loose fitting dress with a shirt collar style that looks adorable on fuller kids. Sorry no links atm

Do they have a store or just a website?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:15 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I saw a beautiful lace swing dress the other day:
https://store.daintyjewells.co.....lors/

This style works well for her! Is it fancy enough for sister of bar mitzva boy?

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
So sorry she's not 5"9 ! she's 5"6 she's very very tall for her age!
All the ideas of dresses with a waist line simply won't work..she's extremely wide shoulders and large belly. Her legs and down are regular size...she's very wide if that makes sense..anything with a waist literally won't fit. She wears a size 20 in kiddichic but only the dresses with very loose wide cuts. If it has a waist line it doesn't close at all.
Any of those links posted on ali only go up to a size 14 won't work at all.

There was one dress that looked like it might work the lace swing one.. style wise that's what works for her.

Did you look at kidichic? They have a simcha dress now that’s swing style

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:26 pm
Can you post a link?

amother
Blueberry

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 6:32 am
If you know what style and cut suit her, it might be easiest to buy some beautiful fabric and get a dress made for her.
That way you can also customize hair accessories and make her feel extra special.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics