Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Moving to LKWD - work remote or look for new job

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:44 pm
I am currently the payroll manager for a large non profit and manage the payroll for approximately 350 employees. My hours are 9:30-3 Monday - Thursdsay and I earn 70k a year. There are no benefits but this is an education related non profit so my four kids tuition goes straight to their schools pretax which is a huge savings. Erev Yom tov, yom tov and chol hamoed are paid vacations but I do occiasionally have to log if certain semi monthly payrolls fall out over break. It is an extremely nice pleasnat place to work and I love my coworkers.

DH just finalized a new job for himself in lkwd and we will IYH be moving there this summer (yes, the kids are in school) I am in my mid thirties and have 17 years of bookkeeping and payroll experience. I can techncially take my current job with me and work remote. It would be nice not to have to start at a new job and bh everything is working out here so nicely, the ppl, the work life balance etc. The main reason I enjoy this job so much is because of the coworkers though. If I am working by myself at home I will probably get very bored and it will be much harder for me to meet people and make new friends.

From what I read on this site, with my experience, I can easily find a job in lkwd with a similar schedule to my current one, that pays the same if not more.

I do not really want to start all over at a new job but at the same time I don't want to spend my days alone at home working remotely.

Would you advise me to look for a new job in lkwd or keep my current one?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:47 pm
Why don't you start off remote and then think about switching once you're settled in?

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:47 pm
First of all hatzlacha on your move, hope it goes smoothly!

Reach out to a recruiting company in Lakewood (IZN, Candibots). They will be able to tell you what to expect in the job market in Lakewood.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:49 pm
Finding a new job in lakewood, will not be easy. Finding one earning what you earn now with those hours, will not be easy (even more hours will not be easy for that salary range)

I suggest keeping your current job, and you can always start searching for something new when you get here and if something else comes along, great

Side note- if you do leave your job, can you forward the companys information so I can apply?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:12 pm
LTC is always looking to hire
https://ltcally.com/careers

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:32 pm
If you’re willing to switch to the nursing home industry there are LOADS of options for you. Given your experience you can possibly make more but do your research before you leave your current job
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics