Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Frizzy hair:(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:53 pm
My DD has basically straight hair(a little wavy) She always wakes up in the morning with crazy frizz on just the top of her hair, especially the front pieces. this even happens right after the shower. She started uses the frizz stick which has been very helpful but I'm wondering if maybe she can do anything to prevent and keep away frizz without use of any products. also on top of her head she also has short pieces of hair that look like they have been cut. ive been told that this comes from sleeping in a tight pony, so she tries to sleep with her hair down which just makes everything worse.
Any tips? thanks!

busy mommy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:03 pm
following...except my dd has curly frizzy hair.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:11 pm
Does she use a straightener? The pieces in front are damaged hair. Can come from heat.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:25 pm
Nope she doesnt use a straightener. she showers every night and sleeps with wet hair in a scrunchie or hair down. nothing else...

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:30 pm
How old? Hair texture can change with age and hormones.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Nope she doesnt use a straightener. she showers every night and sleeps with wet hair in a scrunchie or hair down. nothing else...

Also these are really bad practices. Will damage hair, will change texture

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:42 pm
my sister had this, she ended up getting a keratin treatment on those front pieces.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:54 pm
What's the big deal using some products?
My teen uses a little jojoba oil to smooth down the frizzes. She has wavy/curly hair.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:57 pm
Her hair may be curlier than you think. Sometimes that causes frizz, when you treat curly or very wavy hair as if it were straight.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 10:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
My DD has basically straight hair(a little wavy) She always wakes up in the morning with crazy frizz on just the top of her hair, especially the front pieces. this even happens right after the shower. She started uses the frizz stick which has been very helpful but I'm wondering if maybe she can do anything to prevent and keep away frizz without use of any products. also on top of her head she also has short pieces of hair that look like they have been cut. ive been told that this comes from sleeping in a tight pony, so she tries to sleep with her hair down which just makes everything worse.
Any tips? thanks!

I had and still have this. Keratin was the best

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:25 am
amother OP wrote:

Sleeping with wet hair can cause frizz

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:27 am
She needs to sleep with her hair in loose braids.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:28 am
amother OP wrote:

And there's your frizz.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:18 am
Try the curly girl method. Her hair is probably curlier than you think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children