Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning help one full day or two half days?

Would you rather cleaning help two half days per week or one full day?
two half days  
 92%  [ 62 ]
one full day  
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 67

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:13 pm
I always had cleaning help monday and thursday for 3-4 each day. It was nice because my house never had time to get too dirty. On the flip side, certain extra jobs like closets or baseboards didnt really get done because after cleaning kitchen, bathrooms and living areas four hours are up.

I am now looking for a new cleaning lady and debating to taking for a full day on Friday instead of two half days. I would definitley have to work a little harder on maintaining my house throughout the week but I feel like at the end of the day my house will be cleaner this way. At the same time I really dont like cleaning bathrooms and not sure if my bathrooms can make it from friday to friday.....

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:16 pm
I prefer 1 full day because I don't like having someone in the house more than necessary but I still do lots of cleaning throughout the week. For me it's more for deep cleaning than for everyday messes.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:36 pm
I would be scared to take my one and only day of cleaning on a Friday. My first choice would be on a Thursday.

Where I live cleaning ladies are not so reliable, if she doesn't show up you are stuck doing all the work yourself last minute.
In the winter shabbos is at 4, I find it very hard to have a lady until right before shabbos.
Right now I only have one day a week and I find it hard but you do have a point. If cleaning lady comes on 2 different days she's redoing almost everything unless you schedule one time(part of the time) per week for extras.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:05 pm
I think that amount of time is not enough to do deep cleaning and basic cleaning each week. I would do 2 half days but either: Ask her to priortise one big project each week that she does before anything else. eg the baseboards. This may mean you have to do a bit of routine cleaning yourself. Or do those things yourself.

yjlyar10

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:04 pm
I think it depends on your personality. If you are the type to clean up throughout the week then maybe just Friday would work.. I find that by Monday the house is trashed and I just don’t have the time or koach to clean up after the hectic weekend! I rather have the 2 half days and then take care of the baseboards or dusting myself when im on the phone.. I don’t think there is one answer. It really depends on you!

I would say that if you have one day a week and that is Friday it will be a disaster if she doesn’t show!!!!

Highstrung

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:07 pm
I’ve had both and preferred 4 hours and 4 hours. I found the cleaning help dilly dallied on the days she worked 8 hours straight and she just took her grand old time cleaning when on 4 hours they accomplish much more . However , I didn’t have a choice , the cleaning woman’s policy is only working 8 hour shifts because they don’t want to clean two families bathrooms , 2 kitchens and do all that work double in one day.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:18 pm
2 half days. But perhaps you can take one more hour midweek for a project. Or can she clean in 3 hours and each time do one extra- like windows or cleaning out a closet etc.?

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 6:26 pm
In my area the ladies disappear from their half day jobs as soon as they get a full day job. So when I looked for a new lady I resigned myself to 1 full day, as there's more stability with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry