Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Post partum boss asking when I plan to return
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:22 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Just so you know, most agencies wont put up with this. I work for one of the major agencies and I spoke to my service coordinator once about this. When parents have so many demands and request XYZ my coordinator just puts them on the bottom of the list so their kids lose out on therapy. Some therapy is better than no therapy.

I work in public school and was horrified when a mom yelled at me for taking maternity leave. Little did I know some jewish moms feel the same. You can be sure I didn't service that kid again and he lost out on receiving that therapy for the remainder of his elementary school as I was the only therapist there.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
I work in public school and was horrified when a mom yelled at me for taking maternity leave. Little did I know some jewish moms feel the same. You can be sure I didn't service that kid again and he lost out on receiving that therapy for the remainder of his elementary school as I was the only therapist there.

I totally believe you. I have worked with very entitled parents in the past too, I just dropped their kids and didnt work with them the next year. Its a shame for them

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:01 am
I think transparency is key! Communication!

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:42 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:

I don’t like that you made the kid suffer for his mother’s sins. He’s suffering enough having such an annoying person as a mother. It shouldn’t stop him from getting the services he needs.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:45 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
I don’t like that you made the kid suffer for his mother’s sins. He’s suffering enough having such an annoying person as a mother. It shouldn’t stop him from getting the services he needs.

What about my suffering?

Anyway, there was going to be some kids who didn't get serviced. I couldn't pick them all up. So why does he get priority over someone else?

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:47 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
Seriously. I dont even tell my agency I'm expecting until much later. Why the heck would I tell a parent when I'm only 4 months?

4 months is early to tell but definitely parents should be told around the 6th month. A relative of mine has a child desperately in need of speech therapy - she speaks so unclearly that it’s hard to understand her and she has no friends as a result and is being bullied. Her speech therapist went on maternity leave with little prior notice and there’s been no replacement for the months she’s been out.

It makes me sick to my stomach how uncaring she was to not give my relative enough notice to figure out how to transfer her child to a different therapist. Disgusting.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:19 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
4 months is early to tell but definitely parents should be told around the 6th month. A relative of mine has a child desperately in need of speech therapy - she speaks so unclearly that it’s hard to understand her and she has no friends as a result and is being bullied. Her speech therapist went on maternity leave with little prior notice and there’s been no replacement for the months she’s been out.

It makes me sick to my stomach how uncaring she was to not give my relative enough notice to figure out how to transfer her child to a different therapist. Disgusting.

If she is that unintelligible the mother should seek outside services.
Every therapist has a full caseload, there are tons of kids and a lack of therapists. I guarantee you that in my school a child is not being put on another therapist's caseload when the original SLP is out. Theres not enough time in the day for us to add more kids.

I don't even tell my friends Im expecting when Im 6 months. I told parents a month before my due date and my agency I told 2 months before.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:23 am
amother Oldlace wrote:

If child has such severe speech issues mom should be taking her for intense specialized speech therapy outside school multiple times a week, and doing a structured home exercise program with her. School based therapy is not really appropriate for such severe issues.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics