Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me Set up my daughters wardrobe
Previous  1  2  3

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:49 pm
amother Currant wrote:
I completely understand why she is posting. I don’t think it’s fair that others are knocking it. I have a relative who isn’t FFB and she is always asking questions as well. no she is not anxious and has plenty of confidence but at the end of the day if you didn’t grow up in it and are now living in it it’s hard to figure it all out and the bottom line is tht the little kids dressed to the nines (not necessarily expensive btw) do look pretty cute even if half this site likes to bash it and there is nothing wrong with her saying hey those kids look adorable and I can afford to buy the clothes so everyone please help me achieve that look I don’t know where to begin. if you think it’s odd then skip the thread why the need to keep making OP explain herself again and again. if you have helpful info then provide it. OP what is your budget? how much did you want to spend? shabbos shoes in lakewood stores range from 55/65 all the way to about 170. I personally got from perroquet this year. their store is on river ave. I’ve never purchased their brand before but I saw a shoe there that I loved. they are 65 a pair. royal shoes is also a great store. they are on route 9. (rly the same street just it’s very long and diff parts of it are called different names) royal only opens at 11 and over there the shoes range from about 80-170. also for shabbos on such a young kid in summer you will have ppl that skip shabbos shoes and instead do sandals with no socks. and they wear the sandals weekday too. like they will get a dressier sandal. everything works. for clothes kidichic is very budget friendly on cedarbridge. if you want to spend more you can try juvenile planet or whimsy. juvenile planet actually carries a few brands of the less expensive shoes. they carry raybelle and tannery & co . possibly other brands too. about 60 a pair of im not mistake. if you go there it’ll b one stop shop for shoes and clothes and their sales ladies are super helpful. lil leggs or nou nelle are both jewish brands that are a little cheaper than the rest of the frum clothes if you wanted to get that look and not spend a fortune. when you go into juvenile planet or any of these stores you can tell them what you want to spend. also little secret a lot of ppl get those frum style clothes especially for such young age on zara or h and m. for half the price or less. I did for my kids an h and m dress for this season and you would never know it’s not from a jewish store. good luck!

I agree regarding the sandals, you can do a nicer sandal for the real summer and wear it on shabbos too.
But if you want a shoe for pesach you'll need to get one anyways.
https://Messed.com/prod.....andal
https://Messed.com/prod.....brook

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:55 pm
two yr old dont wear lycra tights ever IMO

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 10:55 pm
Lil legs is a great brand to start with. Dresses on that age need to be short, don’t cover the knee and use a diaper cover. Shabbos shoes should be dainty Mary Jane’s or t straps. I like the Zara ones a previous poster linked. Check perroquet and tannery & co. If you want to get an idea of what shoes are in style check out the more expensive brands in the frum stores and then look for something similar. Often the difference is a chunky sole verses a dainty one. Or an added on bow on the front or an elastic across the top of the foot, these make the shoes less stylish. Simple dainty anklets either with a small bow or crochet. Nothing big and overdone. They should match the shoe but also blend in with her outfit. Go into a Lakewood hosiery store and ask for help matching things up. Hair accessories really depend on the type of hair she has.
Black tights only if it’s cold. They sell cotton knit tights with crochet or texture. Match the shoe but it still needs to blend with the outfit. Tight leggings and knits are better for the winter. I happen to love little girlies in dresses but they need to fit right. If they’re baggy or long then it doesn’t look nice.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:08 pm
also I’ll add. there are a few frum clothing sites that sell online only. they are usually free shipping and free return shipping double check though in case they changed their policies. there may be a small restocking fee like 1.50 per item. those websites are luibelle.com
buttonsbebe.com
jellybeanzkids.com

there may be a few more as well if anyone cares to add

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:12 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Lil legs is a great brand to start with. Dresses on that age need to be short, don’t cover the knee and use a diaper cover. Shabbos shoes should be dainty Mary Jane’s or t straps. I like the Zara ones a previous poster linked. Check perroquet and tannery & co. If you want to get an idea of what shoes are in style check out the more expensive brands in the frum stores and then look for something similar. Often the difference is a chunky sole verses a dainty one. Or an added on bow on the front or an elastic across the top of the foot, these make the shoes less stylish. Simple dainty anklets either with a small bow or crochet. Nothing big and overdone. They should match the shoe but also blend in with her outfit. Go into a Lakewood hosiery store and ask for help matching things up. Hair accessories really depend on the type of hair she has.
Black tights only if it’s cold. They sell cotton knit tights with crochet or texture. Match the shoe but it still needs to blend with the outfit. Tight leggings and knits are better for the winter. I happen to love little girlies in dresses but they need to fit right. If they’re baggy or long then it doesn’t look nice.

yes like she said. just ask for help in any of the hosiery stores and don’t feel bad. even the FFB in towners all ask for help. the sales ladies know their stuff. and they know what matches well and what’s good and what’s in style. don’t be afraid to ask for help. lakewood hosiery stores:

simis socks and shells (two locations)
accents (I think 3 locations)
double header
shoppers paradise (it is also a clothing store. hosiery is in the back)
heads of class
hosiery plus (3 locations)

if I missed any please someone add.

imaima

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:24 am
amother OP wrote:
thanks but im clueless I put her in white lycra tights at a party and she looked ridiculous I didnt know that there was a style in socks please just help me I want her to look in style please

Did someone tell you that she looked ridiculous? It’s okay if some kids wear socks and other kids wear tights.
When they are 2, it depends on the weather.

imaima

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Why cant a mother feel joy on yom tov that her daughter looks nice its not for anyone except me I want to have a mother daughter bonding experience to dress her beautifully and take pretty pictures I dont do this for other people its for me to enjoy my princess and I think frum peoples kids are always dressed so beautiful with everything coordinated nd I would like her to be dressed like that even though I mite not have the fashion sense and I usually wear very simple but I would like my daughter to always look nice and coordinated

It’s not a mother daughter bonding experience because your daughter is not consciously participating in it. A bonding experience is when you interact with your daughter in a meaningful way, not with imamothers.
For all you want, your daughter can reject trendy socks and bows because she is sensory so that can become a negative experience for both of you.
You can shop for her all right but don’t call it bonding.

imaima

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:58 am
I like all the recent threads and also have a 2 year old.
Grateful to everyone! Love all the links.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 9:29 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
two yr old dont wear lycra tights ever IMO

Thanks thats what I needed to know !!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 9:33 am
Now brooklyn stores please and thabk you

amother
Anemone