Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How often do you get jewelry?
Previous  1  2

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 6:17 pm
Got 3 first 2 years married, tiny pieces of jewelry. After a short time I stopped wearing most of it, it just wasn't appropriate for my age and size.
Didn't get anything until married 10 years.
Didn't get anything after that until I was married 15 years.
Got another peice last year married 17 years.
We don't have much money and we like to save. My jewelry were all under 1k.
I own earrings, reset diamond ring, another diamond ring. That's all.
None of these purchases were initiated by my husband. He doesn't understand spending money on jewelry at all.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 6:48 pm
For my two babies, I bought new wigs around
when they were born so I told my husband not to buy me jewellery. I got a bracelet when I had a miscarriage. I hope to get something for my five year anniversary in a year iyH.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 6:49 pm
Not in the last 10 years. We can technically afford it but somehow there is always something else I'd rather apply the $$$ to. Now that I'm making bar mitzvahs etc I'm starting to think of jewelry more.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 7:06 pm
Do you mean buying it yourself--you know it's acceptable for a woman to buy herself jewelry--or as a gift from someone else?

At this point, never. I've been gradually giving mine to my offspring, have very little left, and that's how I like it. I get more nachas seeing a DD or ddil wearing my stuff than I ever did from wearing it myself.

When I was in the acquisition stage of life, there was no "schedule." Sometimes for a bday, sometimes for another occasion, sometimes for no occasion. How boring it would be to know that every bday I get an item of jewelry! Yawn city.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:52 pm
No more.
It took me a few years to make it clear to my husband that it's just not 'my thing.'
I hate the feeling of jewelry on my body.
As a side point, I also lose it. I lost my wedding ring, one-half of most pairs of earrings...I also dislike the responsibility that comes with owning jewelry. It's not for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics