Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hechshers in Israel list and explanation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:43 pm
Is there a list of hechshers that a place like BJJ accepts. Dd keeps calling me from Israel and asking me about random restaurants and hechshers in random cities in Israel. For example is badatz always a good hechsher in all restaurants in cities in Israel?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:52 pm
Is she in BJJ? She should ask them for the list of hechsherim they allow. They can't expect girls from America to know which hechsherim they use!

Success10

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:56 pm
It gets complicated once you leave Jerusalem. Pesach time even further complicates things. The sem doesn't have a list?

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there a list of hechshers that a place like BJJ accepts. Dd keeps calling me from Israel and asking me about random restaurants and hechshers in random cities in Israel. For example is badatz always a good hechsher in all restaurants in cities in Israel?

Hard one to answer because subjective. Eida chareidas is the most accepted by everyone.
Badatz what? Because badatz just means beis din tzedek and might not be good.

I can tell you what we hold are good but again that doesn't help you much.
Eida chareidas
Landau
Rubin
Kehillos

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 2:07 pm
It depends who you ask and if you're ashkenazi or sefardi.
But I'd be pretty certain BJJ would be perfectly fine with Badatz Eidah HaChareidis, Rubin, and Landau. Other ones it depends who you ask.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 2:20 pm
amother Red wrote:
It depends who you ask and if you're ashkenazi or sefardi.
But I'd be pretty certain BJJ would be perfectly fine with Badatz Eidah HaChareidis, Rubin, and Landau. Other ones it depends who you ask.

Thanks but is there a long list like rabbi eidlitz has is America?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 2:28 pm
Not that I know of.
She can ask the Halacha Rabbi in her seminary for a list of which hechsherim he approves of.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:15 pm
If you choose kasher lamehadrin on wolt
can you be sure that it meets the BJJ or similar standard of kashrus?

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:

Doubtful. They probably include any mehadrin hechsher, which is much more inclusive. For example rabbanut mehadrin yerushalyim is a mehadrin hechsher, but certainly not "top" like eida chareidis, rubin, landau.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:40 pm
Hechsherim in Israel are very complex.
I personally ask my Rav and just trust him.
I do think that BMG has a list of Israeli hechsherim that they accept.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:40 pm
amother OP wrote:

No. Not at all...
I'm nowhere near as strict as they would be at BJJ and I don't eat from half those places...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 5:00 pm
Idk why there is no help to foreigners about the hechshers

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 5:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

It is complicated. I also had a daughter in bjj and they really didn’t give any guidance. It is their shita in many things but made this in particular very complicated.

You can email znt kosher. They are run by rav Shmuel Wiener who is a charedi American rav in Ramat eshkol who started the kashrus organization to help Americans navigate the kashrus situation in Israel. They have a google doc with acceptable places in many cities and are very responsive to emailed questions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 5:21 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
It is complicated. I also had a daughter in bjj and they really didn’t give any guidance. It is their shita in many things but made this in particular very complicated.

You can email znt kosher. They are run by rav Shmuel Wiener who is a charedi American rav in Ramat eshkol who started the kashrus organization to help Americans navigate the kashrus situation in Israel. They have a google doc with acceptable places in many cities and are very responsive to emailed questions.

Thank you. What is his email?

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 5:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. What is his email?

It’s zntkosher@gmail.com.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions