Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me find an alternative school
Previous  1  2

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 12:26 pm
Netivot Montessori in Highland Park/Edison/East Brunswick.

It is orthodox, though maybe not exactly your crowd, but talk to them and see.

bsy

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 12:28 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Netivot Montessori in Highland Park/Edison/East Brunswick.

It is orthodox, though maybe not exactly your crowd, but talk to them and see.

It's quite modern. A chasidish girl from a Yiddish speaking school would not feel comfortable there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 12:44 pm
Any advice on homeschooling? The pros? Cons? For me? For the kids? Will I stay sane? Will they?

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 1:34 pm
I think you also have to think ahead to where you want her to be holding in later elementary/high school years. Maybe there’s a way to make some accommodations in the classroom and give her some rich extra curricular activities on your own before you pull her out completely from the traditional system.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 1:49 pm
Op I would work with the situation . Is this your oldest? Are you in a school with parallel classes. Does your daughter have learning challenges? Foes the school have good resources and support for struggling learners? Could she be immature and just really neede another year of play? Ly

Make sure to get your kids social skills help. Or learning help as needed. You could use art as a bribe. She gets a couple for art lesson each week she went to school with a smile or for going to a tutor. If she's add or can't sit in class you can hire somone to take her out once a week for a treat or pick her up on her lunch break to take her out. Very important to work with the school. You are 3/4 done the year maybe she had a rigid teacher this year. Or a young inexperienced teacher. If it's just this year. Hopefully she will enjoy next year better. She will be 6 months older than. These options are easier than uprooting your family were the problem won't necessarily go away and you may create more problems with a move, a school that won't fit your family etc. If the school is the problem I would change schools in the neighborhood that would work with my childs needs. There are so many schools out there. Chassidish, neutral, heimish while not all of them offer all the activities you would find in a Mo school. Your tuition is probably much cheaper that you could supplement and your kid should be learning in a fun way.

My daughter's have found second grade to be a hard year. In first grade everything is still so much fun and 2nd grade is the year they go from little kids to kids that have to sit and learn like big kids. It's the year of fill in the blanks, and math is now on paper. Is she on the younger side of the class. Most important be positive. It will help her be more positive about school.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics