Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Daughter was waitlisted at NJ high schools, what to do?
Previous  1  2

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:50 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I am so sorry you are going through this- my daughter had the same experience except she was flat out rejected to 3 schools. Her 8th grade teacher was horrible and it was covid year as well. We applied to 2 other schools and she ended up getting into one- honestly it was better for her in the long run but it was hell while we were going through it. I called my daughter’s principal crying asking what was wrong with my daughter. My daughter is the chesed girl- she has amazing middos also- she just had a really bad,cruel and vocal eighth grade teacher. I truly believe Hashem did it for a reason. My daughter is in 12th grade and B’H she got accepted to all 3 seminaries she applied to ( which is not heard of)😀

***Would you be able to say what school accepted her? Is it in the NY/NJ area? Looking for a high school, having the same exact issue as you did.
So happy your daughter thrived at her high school. My daughter sounds similar to the way you describe your daughter so maybe I can try that school...Please message privately if you don't want to post the schools name. thanks so much.

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:09 pm
My daughter ended up getting into Bruriah- I wanted more Yeshivish as we were more to the right at that point but all 3 yeshivish schools rejected her- even one of them that was in the community.
I was looking into Ateres for my daughter- it did look like a nice school and the principal was supposed to be amazing.

rain2

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:25 pm
Thanks so much! I know if Bruriah , where is ateres? There’s a few when I google.
So happy it worked out so well for ur daughter BH!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:29 pm
Original poster, any update getting ur daughter into high school?

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:13 pm
rain2 wrote:
Thanks so much! I know if Bruriah , where is ateres? There’s a few when I google.
So happy it worked out so well for ur daughter BH!

Monsey

siddur

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
My daughter ended up getting into Bruriah- I wanted more Yeshivish as we were more to the right at that point but all 3 yeshivish schools rejected her- even one of them that was in the community.
I was looking into Ateres for my daughter- it did look like a nice school and the principal was supposed to be amazing.

It’s truly amazing when we can see how something that didn’t seem great worked out!
I am so happy for your daughter and for you!
Where is she going to seminary?

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:39 pm
I am concerned about outing myself for anyone that knows my story

siddur

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I am concerned about outing myself for anyone that knows my story

Gotya!
Wishing her a successful year!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics