Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What do you do with kids books?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 11:54 am
We live in a small apartment with only one table, kids books are stored in the dining room and often left around food / on the table etc.

Usually we pack them all up but this year all the kids are super into reading. Bought a couple of new things but would like to leave more about.

Is there anything I can do to make sure they are clean enough without having to go through each page? I won't let them bring the books to the table on pesach if we're eating (and I'll put on a plastic tablecloth for meals)

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 12:01 pm
Shake them out, wipe off the front and back, done. Don't bring to table with food like you said already.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:06 pm
I have a strict year-round policy of no books around food, ever, regardless of the reader's age, no exceptions. No reading while eating and no eating while reading. If we're at the Shabbes table and s/o wants to give a DT or look s/t up, they leave the table and sit a few feet away. The only printed matter at the table is bentchers which anyway get put away for Pesach.

That doesn't help you this year but consider it for the future. Saves a lot of trouble and worry.

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:15 pm
We go the library before pesach and take out a TON of books. Like more than 50. We bring a suitcase to the library lol. And the rule is no books at the table

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:28 pm
amother Banana wrote:
We go the library before pesach and take out a TON of books. Like more than 50. We bring a suitcase to the library lol. And the rule is no books at the table

I'm all for taking out a lot of books from the library so there's a lot of reading material, but if this is supposed to be a solution to possible chometz in the books, how does it help? You have no idea if the previous people who borrowed those library books brought them to the table or ate over them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics