Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
OOPS Dawn I bought in Aisle 9 Jackson has a hard to find OU
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:21 pm
Edited: OOPS Dawn I just bought in Aisle 9 Jackson has a microscopic size same color as background OU.

srbmom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:24 pm
Look at the end of the word Dawn, it's usually there, but so microscopic that you can't see it

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:25 pm
Check on the top of the duck. It’s sometimes hard to see…

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:27 pm
Many hold no hechshee necessary on dish soap....ask your lor

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:59 pm
amother OP wrote:

Im less careful of dishwashing detergents in kosher supermarkets, because I assume they only bring in kosher dishwashing detergents.

Please remember that people who work in supermarkets are human and can easily miss something. Also sometimes you think a thing is kosher and then it comes in and it's no longer kosher or the kosher symbol has changed into one that the rabbis who supervise do not approve of.

Please always check what you buy in a grocery store even in a kosher grocery store. I know we had signs and grocery store I worked at I actually made the sign myself that asked people to check and double check because of all the various customs around Passover.

And mistakes happen I remember a time when we got in a certain item and then someone pointed out hey this doesn't have a kosher symbol and so we actually had the rabbi call all of the people who had made the purchase and told them to come bring it in for a refund.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:01 pm
Are you eating it?? Feeding it to a dog?

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Natural wrote:
Are you eating it?? Feeding it to a dog?

You are putting it on your dishes, possibly with hot water...

I'm all for not checking every shampoo, but I hear checking things in your kitchen.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:16 pm
Double check your bottle.
My blue dawn ultra has a hidden ou under the D of dawn in dark on dark lettering so it's hard to find.
My pink dawn gentle pomegranate and rosewater bottle has a small ou all the way on the bottom right in front of the D of dishwasher liquid.
I didn't buy them at Jewish stores.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:20 pm
[quote="amother Melon"]You are putting it on your dishes, possibly with hot water...

I'm all for not checking every shampoo, but I hear checking things in your kitchen.[/quote
I think the point was that inedible substances cannot be chometz. Adding hot water still won't make it chometz. So there isn't a concern, even if it's put on your dishes.

patzer

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:21 pm
amother Melon wrote:

I'm all for not checking every shampoo, but I hear checking things in your kitchen.

Oh my. I never even thought about checking the kashrus of my shampoo. Surprised
Now you're worrying me. I really don't want to get rid of my strawberry-scented pleasure... Scratching Head

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:35 pm
There are multiple reasons why a product may be missing the OU symbol.

From the OU website: Since it is not possible to know why an OU symbol is absent just by looking at the package, consumers are encouraged to contact our Kashrus hotline at (212) 613-8241 for individual product clarification.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:01 pm
It's got nothing to do with the store. The new bottle I bought a few weeks ago nowhere near Aisle 9 or New Jersey also has no OU. The batch may have been labeled for sale in a foreign country. Hershey's chocolates packaged for sale in Arab countries, for example, do not have the OU on the label, though they are identical to and made in the same plant under the same supervision as all other Hershey's chocolates.

The omission could be a printer error. My aforementioned bottle of Dawn also lacks the (R) which is the symbol for a registered trademark. This, too, makes me think either foreign market or printer error.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:06 pm
patzer wrote:
Oh my. I never even thought about checking the kashrus of my shampoo. Surprised
Now you're worrying me. I really don't want to get rid of my strawberry-scented pleasure... Scratching Head

I grew up that every single item in the house was checked against a list that it didn't have any chometz ingredients. bH my husband doesn't hold that way. We just don't use things that have clear chometz in them (like hand cream with oats) and check the kitchen stuff

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:14 pm
[quote="amother Brown"]
amother Melon wrote:

I'm all for not checking every shampoo, but I hear checking things in your kitchen.[/quote
I think the point was that inedible substances cannot be chometz. Adding hot water still won't make it chometz. So there isn't a concern, even if it's put on your dishes.

On pesach we are careful about chometz in all products. Pretty sure we all have to be and it’s a basic. And yes a dog would eat soap. It’s not like year round where things don’t need hechsher if it’s not food.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:26 pm
Crc says dish soap is fine without Passover hechsher. Does that mean it needs an ou??

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Natural wrote:
Crc says dish soap is fine without Passover hechsher. Does that mean it needs an ou??

No CRC does not require hechsher in order for dish soap to be considered ok for pesach.

Frumomsi

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 11:05 pm
An OU means it’s kosher. It doesn’t mean it’s kosher for pesach unless it says so.

Also, some follow Rabbi Blumenkranz and some don’t. It’s not always that the most machmir is correct. Like a previous poster wrote, ask YOUR Rabbi. Everyone should have one. Definitely better than any list.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
Double check your bottle.
My blue dawn ultra has a hidden ou under the D of dawn in dark on dark lettering so it's hard to find.
My pink dawn gentle pomegranate and rosewater bottle has a small ou all the way on the bottom right in front of the D of dishwasher liquid.
I didn't buy them at Jewish stores.

OMG. With a magnifying glass 2 people couldnt see the OU symbol. It blends into the blue liquid! But when I took a pic and enlarged the pic, I see it now.

Thanks ra_mom!

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:12 am
I bought a little bottle just for the week and I also struggled to find the OU when I was in the store. Almost didn't buy it. I wonder if it's easier to see on bigger bottles.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:29 am
amother Tomato wrote:
I bought a little bottle just for the week and I also struggled to find the OU when I was in the store. Almost didn't buy it. I wonder if it's easier to see on bigger bottles.

My bottle is regular size, its just that its blue on blue and tiny.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries