Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
NMB VS MIAMI VS TAMPA VS BOCA Communities and Kollel's

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:05 pm
Okay, so we are looking to move to one of these communities, but not sure which one...

We want a community that is right wing, more yeshivish. We also are looking for somewhere with affordable housing. (I know that doesn't really exist)

What's the difference between all these communities and kollels?

Thank you so much!!

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:17 pm
I’d say NMB sounds like what you are looking for. Most right wing and affordable housing by Miami area standards. But in the past few years housing prices skyrocketed and I’m not sure it’s really considered affordable anymore, but look around on Zillow. There’s a bunch of shuls and kollelim there. I don’t know much about Tampa tbh.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:19 pm
Curious why Orlando is off your list?

I'm confused, you're looking to join a kollel in these places? Or general info about these places?

Tampa was just started a few years ago. Theres a dozen chofetz chaim families in one area. There's chabad in a totally different area and the chassidim are in a totally different area. All very tiny small communities.
Orlando and Tampa is the most affordable housing of the list.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:36 pm
Your wording just made me laugh. Most kollels in out-of-town places are very hard to get into. It's not like most people have three places begging them to come and they get to choose. I wish that were the case for you but just saying to please be realistic.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Your wording just made me laugh. Most kollels in out-of-town places are very hard to get into. It's not like most people have three places begging them to come and they get to choose. I wish that were the case for you but just saying to please be realistic.

All these Kollels are actively recruiting.

tulip3

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:39 pm
Tampa is tiny tiny tiny. It's a chofetz chaim brand new community. Are you chofetz chaim or your husband is learning in bmg?
What do you consider affordable housing? Tampa is the cheapest but you would be literally building it from ground up, your kid could have 4 kids in a class or be the only boy in a girl class for years.
Miami is the most expensive...boca nmb and Miami have access to tons of shuls, schools that are developed , kosher groceries. But the housing prices are very high. Tuition is very very very expensive even with vouchers.

zoom

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 4:56 pm
There was a great article in Ami about some different communities this week.

NMB, Miami beach, coral springs, hollywood and some others.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:55 am
I think Tampa is much more of a kiruv kollel than the others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating