Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Mikvah on Motzei YT

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:04 am
Just want to make sure I get this right.
So suppose I do nails before second days, then do everything else on motzei y't including shaving (shaving before would be too early - hair would be back). Is that okay? And if I don't take a bath before y't (I don't plan to), must the bath on motzei be an hour (I definitely don't want to do that.)

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:06 am
I have mikvah motzei yomtov too, aaagh I have a house full of guests (including my parents)… so convenient and subtle for me to disappear for an hour 🙈

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:43 am
If you’re not bathing before yt you would need regular prep like any other night. No specific length for the bath according to my Rav just that you shouldn’t be rushing or shortening any steps since this is the main time you’re preparing.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:50 am
Re: shaving... Do you generally shave right before mikvah? I learned may be a problem to shave day of because of little hairs sticking to you. I don't shave weekly, so the hair doesn't bother me not to shave. But if you are particular, may be a diff story...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
Re: shaving... Do you generally shave right before mikvah? I learned may be a problem to shave day of because of little hairs sticking to you. I don't shave weekly, so the hair doesn't bother me not to shave. But if you are particular, may be a diff story...

So I try to shave the day before. It grows back somewhat, but it's okay. But if I shave on erev it would be more than I'd be okay with. I shave every shower, so usually it wouldn't be that long. Dunno which is preferable, it coming back, or shaving on day of mik

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
If you’re not bathing before yt you would need regular prep like any other night. No specific length for the bath according to my Rav just that you shouldn’t be rushing or shortening any steps since this is the main time you’re preparing.

Thank you! I appreciate your help

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:54 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
I have mikvah motzei yomtov too, aaagh I have a house full of guests (including my parents)… so convenient and subtle for me to disappear for an hour 🙈

same. house full of people. you have my sympathy. Seriously. It's a blast having them all watch you leave right after havdalah. and I'll be out longer than an hour. with the drive back and forth. and I'm there for longer than an hour with the prep, dunk, dress etc. I'm so stressed re: Pesach that I cannot even worry about that part yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics