Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Help me diagnose my 13 year old...?
Previous  1  2

MommyOfSixKids

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:04 pm
I have a kid like this. We had a full evaluation by a nice neighbor psychologist (yes paid) over a 3 appointment period when he was about 6 or 7. Final conclusion was a mix of diagnoses (do any of us fit in one box?) Of High functioning Autism/Asbergers and possible ADHD with some sensory overload issues. As he got older he grew put of much of the sensory (he can totally sit through megillah now at age 17!) And we did have group speech therapy for a year or so, we had some reading comprehension work, and I have done reading on Asbergers to figure out how to deal with him. Too high functioning to get county help after kindergarten. He passes high school but doesn't use his capacity especially the near photographic memory. Lots of love, I do appreciate the Asbergers tips. Hatzlacha and sending a hug!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:59 am
He sounds like a higher functioning version of my 17 year old son. Autistic and gifted. School might be long and boring for your son because they're not challenging him. If school refusal is a factor maybe try homeschooling?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)