Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you flip kitchen back - vent
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you completely flip kitchen back motzei yom tov?
Yes  
 89%  [ 290 ]
No  
 10%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 323

bnm

Post Sat, Apr 27 2024, 11:59 pm
I had one year that I didn't finish putting everything away right away but it was stressfull with little kids around. I'm sorry your having a rough month. Refuah shalaima to your toddler.

lucky14

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:00 am
amother Dill wrote:
You have some nerve. It's not that I don't sympathize with you; I do. But I object to your complaints. Your hosts have made it possible for you to get away with not making Pesach. They fed you and your family for a week. So your DH will help them turn their home back--that's the least he can do. It won't kill him. If you had had to make Pesach in your home you would both be a he--- of a lot more tired. It's beyond chutzpah for you to even dream about your hosts changing their plans to suit Your Highness's preferences. You don't like it? Stay home and make Pesach yourself.

Wow. Harsh. Maybe edit and write this a bit nicer? Can’t imagine someone saying this to someone’s face IRL.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:06 am
Am I the only one here who puts stuff away chol hamoed? The stuff I'm not using anymore for the last days?
Just spent 2 hours doing so. And I even put soup pots away and warm up soup in disposable pots. Just keep out what I need for the last days of YT

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:06 am
amother OP wrote:
They have a large house and tons of dishes and pots, shelves to take apart and put away, lots of counter cover to clean…it’s a lot. I doubt it would take as long at our house.

So do some tomorrow so it goes faster on motzei

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:07 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
So do some tomorrow so it goes faster on motzei

I’m sure they will. But they do every year and still motzei yom tov cleaning is super late.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:19 am
It’s ok to be frustrated but it’s totally normal to want to turn over Motzei yt. Maybe you can hire a babysitter/ get some help with your kids?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:20 am
I flip it motzei yt and yes I’m usually up until 3 am… it’s exhausting but I want to be able to have chometz the next day and also if I don’t do it right away, I know myself… it’ll take days to completely finish… but this year I read somewhere a fantastic idea… one of the Jewish magazines I think… to start putting away stuff on chol hamoed…. That’s my plan tomorrow.. all the pots and stuff I won’t be using the second days is going back into the boxes.. so hopefully that will save some time… I also put back the chometz stuff the next day but at least the pesach stuff is cleaned and away…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:21 am
notshanarishona wrote:
It’s ok to be frustrated but it’s totally normal to want to turn over Motzei yt. Maybe you can hire a babysitter/ get some help with your kids?

Thanks.
I wish I could but my toddler has been extremely clingy while recovering and my baby needs to nurse often.
It’s hard to believe it’s common to stay up till 2 am just so you can have cheerios for breakfast, instead of getting a full night sleep and turning over the next day.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.
I wish I could but my toddler has been extremely clingy while recovering and my baby needs to nurse often.
It’s hard to believe it’s common to stay up till 2 am just so you can have cheerios for breakfast, instead of getting a full night sleep and turning over the next day.
It usually takes me till 2am to turn back over Motzei Pesach, too. Maybe if my kids were old enough to really help, it would take less. This is very normal. And my kids have a really hard time with Pesach food, so yes, it is important for us to get back to their normal food as soon as possible.
And at the end of the day, having a toddler and a baby is just naturally going to make you sleep deprived, op. Refuah shleimah to your child and Hatzlacha to you! Hashem should give you lots of koach!

essie14

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:43 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Am I the only one here who puts stuff away chol hamoed? The stuff I'm not using anymore for the last days?
Just spent 2 hours doing so. And I even put soup pots away and warm up soup in disposable pots. Just keep out what I need for the last days of YT

Everyone I know does this.
All my food will be in disposables today before yom tov starts.
I have been using dishes all week, they're getting packed away today and I bought beautiful Chad Paami for Shvi'I shel pesach.
We pack away as much as well can before the last day.
DD has school on Tuesday, and we all have work. I need my house back to chametz ASAP.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:45 am
amother Linen wrote:
It usually takes me till 2am to turn back over Motzei Pesach, too. Maybe if my kids were old enough to really help, it would take less. This is very normal. And my kids have a really hard time with Pesach food, so yes, it is important for us to get back to their normal food as soon as possible.
And at the end of the day, having a toddler and a baby is just naturally going to make you sleep deprived, op. Refuah shleimah to your child and Hatzlacha to you! Hashem should give you lots of koach!

I’ve never been this sleep deprived in my life. I’ve been dizzy, nauseous, headaches, anxious. It’s gone from challenging to impossible. I went back to work when my baby was 9 weeks, my husband is home late every night like past 8 pm, and I’m doing pretty much everything around the house. From cooking to groceries to paying bills to cleaning. We can’t afford cleaning help. My toddler stopped napping. Im having to take him to appts left and right. Pumping and nursing non stop because my baby can’t have formula. I literally can’t catch a break. I’ve felt mom exhaustion but this is beyond. Trust me a couple weeks of Passover cleaning could be much easier than the nonstop exhaustion of the past few months. And for this I’m a royal highness? I feel like falling apart, I’d welcome the opportunity to be the Passover hosts who sleep through the night and get cleaning help.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:54 am
If you live 5 minutes away, maybe it would be easier for you to go home by yourself on motsaei pesach?
You might get more sleep this way. Kids in their own bed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:59 am
Slightly OT, Everyone saying about putting things away on chol hamoed, is that even allowed? Like isn't work only permitted on chol hamoed if it's for the chag itself? Preparing so you'll have an easier time after chag doesn't seem like it would be included in that.

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:02 am
It takes us between 3-4 hours. That does not include bringing out dishes, microwaves etc. It for sure takes us a few days to get fully back to regular. Sometimes it takes us 3 days until we can get Pita or bread. (Israel area). The bread comes in the first couple days and is bought out quickly.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:06 am
OP, you really sound like you're at your breaking point. If you explain how you're feeling, and how much you're breaking, your in-laws may try to pitch in to help in any way. Maybe they'll take the baby with a pumped bottle for the night. Maybe during the day so you can nap a bit.
And I'm sure if they knew how much this is killing you, and you ask if it's possible for dh to help until 11pm and then be able to take you home so he can help with the kids, they would understand.
I hope a bit of communication gives you much needed help and menucha. Hashem should bless you with much koach, and good health for your entire family. ❤️

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:06 am
amother OP wrote:

It's more a case of having to be at work the next morning, and not wanting to come home and face putting Pesach away after a full day's work and with nothing to eat in the house. Its much easier to do it after Yom Tov, and wake up fresh, if sleep deprived, the next day.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:11 am
We are always up late motzei Yom tov till like 1 in the morning. We all pitch in together but it takes time. We take naps on Yom tov so not so hard to stay up till 1 and sleep late on yom tov and isru chag no school or work.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:12 am
Sorry youve got a lot going on. Yom tov season is a busy time . Lots of sleepless nights. If you where at home and chose to stay pesachdik for a few days wouldn't be my choice but you can do that.but if your by in laws thaen at least one of you do need to help. Many people including the adults inmy house need to leave early to work next morning (6 45am) but we still choose to clean up and pack away pesach dishes. Job needs to get done. Won't be easier next day with chametzand kids helping

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:25 am
amother OP wrote:
I’ve never been this sleep deprived in my life. I’ve been dizzy, nauseous, headaches, anxious. It’s gone from challenging to impossible. I went back to work when my baby was 9 weeks, my husband is home late every night like past 8 pm, and I’m doing pretty much everything around the house. From cooking to groceries to paying bills to cleaning. We can’t afford cleaning help. My toddler stopped napping. Im having to take him to appts left and right. Pumping and nursing non stop because my baby can’t have formula. I literally can’t catch a break. I’ve felt mom exhaustion but this is beyond. Trust me a couple weeks of Passover cleaning could be much easier than the nonstop exhaustion of the past few months. And for this I’m a royal highness? I feel like falling apart, I’d welcome the opportunity to be the Passover hosts who sleep through the night and get cleaning help.

You don’t necessarily get to be the host and sleep through the night. I’m making pesach, I do not sleep through the night, my
Kids are not easy. Be grateful you get to b a guest for yom tov. It’s not one or the other.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:27 am
amother OP wrote:

Sounds like you need to speak to your DH about this. I don't think the timing of when your in-laws switch back is the real issue here.

You need support now. If sounds like he has helped a lot leading up to/on pesach. Would his parents not understand if he can't stay up too late on motzei YT?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics