Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Have you watched movie - Vivarium? Are you disturbed?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:36 am
I need someone who also watched this movie to commiserate with me that this is the #1 worst movie ever. I’m so disturbed Surprised .

Have you seen it?

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:00 am
No but now I’m curious.

I looked it up it’s sci/fi horror makes sense it’s disturbing -?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:44 am
Sorry, I absolutely loved Vivarium.

Yes, it was probably the most creepy and disturbing movie I’ve ever seen, but that’s exactly what makes it so amazing. The emotions that the movie captured are just spot on, and they touched me at my core.

You see, this movie was all too real for me because of DD with DS. She will never be able to communicate like a normal human being, and I am stuck living in her alternate dimension until the day I die.

I was crying so intensely by the end of it, and yet I was also comforted by the fact that people can now watch the movie and understand just a little about how it feels to raise a child with special needs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:03 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
No but now I’m curious.

I looked it up it’s sci/fi horror makes sense it’s disturbing -?

It’s horror but not your typical one.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:06 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Sorry, I absolutely loved Vivarium.

Yes, it was probably the most creepy and disturbing movie I’ve ever seen, but that’s exactly what makes it so amazing. The emotions that the movie captured are just spot on, and they touched me at my core.

You see, this movie was all too real for me because of DD with DS. She will never be able to communicate like a normal human being, and I am stuck living in her alternate dimension until the day I die.

I was crying so intensely by the end of it, and yet I was also comforted by the fact that people can now watch the movie and understand just a little about how it feels to raise a child with special needs.

Yes it did bring up intense emotions and it still gives me this awful pit in my stomach whenever I even see the picture of the cover.

Interesting parallel that you brought up with your dd. I went online and found so many interpretations of what the movie can be symbolized as.
There’s also a very steep divide between people loving and viscerally hating the movie.
I didn’t hate it. I just got very affected by it in a sickening way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics