Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do you like lace front wigs?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 9:44 am
Do you like wearing them? I had a wig converted to lace front and I feel like I was overcharged. Also the line where it turns into lace shows a lot. But I liked that they put velvet inside and it’s very comfortable. It stays on my head better than lace top.

Then I had an Irene’s lace front that came that way and it was a fantastic wig. I sold it when I was tight for cash and it was pretty new so I was able to get a good price for it. I really regret selling it. On that one, the transition was seamless and didn’t need makeup. The hair was gorgeous and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately Irene’s doesn’t sell that line anymore.

nicole81

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 11:01 am
Much better to buy a wig made as a lace front than converted. I've been wearing lace for 12 years and I wouldn't go back. I am handy with wigs though I cut the lace, tighten it, pluck where overfilled, use makeup as necessary, etc. They take more work at the beginning and after washings but then they're super easy and natural looking imo after the initial work.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:09 am
nicole81 wrote:
Much better to buy a wig made as a lace front than converted. I've been wearing lace for 12 years and I wouldn't go back. I am handy with wigs though I cut the lace, tighten it, pluck where overfilled, use makeup as necessary, etc. They take more work at the beginning and after washings but then they're super easy and natural looking imo after the initial work.

Have lace sheitels been around that long? Wow. I thought it was only 5 or so years old.

I just got an Irene, lace top, it's new so I'm still getting used to it but it's comfortable because the hair stays away from my face. Irene's are cheap and cheerful and a great buy. Lsdies are so happy with them. They had a sale when I bought mine so was $500 off the real price.

It does slip though and I can't wear a wig grip band because it's makes it too tight for me. Any ideas for that?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:41 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Have lace sheitels been around that long? Wow. I thought it was only 5 or so years old.

I just got an Irene, lace top, it's new so I'm still getting used to it but it's comfortable because the hair stays away from my face. Irene's are cheap and cheerful and a great buy. Lsdies are so happy with them. They had a sale when I bought mine so was $500 off the real price.

It does slip though and I can't wear a wig grip band because it's makes it too tight for me. Any ideas for that?

Spray a lot of hairspray inside the front of the wig and also the front of your hairline and where the hair meets the forehead. It helps.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you like wearing them? I had a wig converted to lace front and I feel like I was overcharged. Also the line where it turns into lace shows a lot. But I liked that they put velvet inside and it’s very comfortable. It stays on my head better than lace top.

Then I had an Irene’s lace front that came that way and it was a fantastic wig. I sold it when I was tight for cash and it was pretty new so I was able to get a good price for it. I really regret selling it. On that one, the transition was seamless and didn’t need makeup. The hair was gorgeous and it was very comfortable. Unfortunately Irene’s doesn’t sell that line anymore.

Hi! If the lace front was added in properly you should barely be able to tell where the transition is. I’m a Shaitel macher and do this repair all the time.
You can ask whoever you took it to to redo it so there shouldn’t be a transition bump.
The only other thing is that the lace part is more see thru than the Skintop part so you may want to add a lining so it looks seamless.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels