Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Tips for cooking chicken on the bone on stovetop?

Charnie123

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:18 pm
I have 2 breasts and 1 pulka with a drumstick and I don’t have access to an oven. Should I brown it first in a pan and then sautee in a sauce? Just cook it on the stove for a long time? Roast or use sauce? Please give tips for cooking chicken this way on the stove? It’s bone in and skin on chicken. I want it to stay moist but not be raw. Recipes welcome.

Basya

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:21 pm
Pour a can of tomato sauce over it and cook until the chicken starts to fall apart.

Olive

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:26 pm
Assuming it's on the bone: Place over Sliced onion & garlic & cook low & slow with no added liquid for several hours until most of liquid is gone.

Alternately you can chop & Sauté the onion Garlic & Cellery first before adding chicken. Just remember no added liquid & really slow so it doesn't run out of its own juices.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:16 pm
Season, brown each side, then add a bit of liquid on the bottom, cover and simmer until done.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:50 pm
Place chicken skin down on sliced onion circles with a few pcs of garlic.
Salt the chicken b4 cooking.
Start low until the natural juices of the chicken seep out.
Then, med/low flame for at least 2 hours.
Another variation is to add cubed potatoes and water 1.5 hours on and cook another hour.
Another variation is to add tons of paprika to the onions/garlic. (With or without potatoes)
Another variation is to add duck sauce midway thru (with or without potatoes)

It's the only way my kids will eat chicken on the one.
I personality cook it for 3 hours until it falls off the bone. It's soft and still moist. Cook completely covered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey