Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Pesach program AMA
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:38 pm
My husband and I have worked for years at one of the most exclusive, expensive pesach programs. AMA!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:48 pm
How are frum people ok with the type of entertainment the program provides for the adults. Saw a few clips and was horrified. Not family friendly at all.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:48 pm
What is the most beautiful interaction you’ve seen amongst others?

What is the saddest?

Are there similarities between the people who attend?

Are you under tremendous pressure as a family? Why or why not?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
How are frum people ok with the type of entertainment the program provides for the adults. Saw a few clips and was horrified. Not family friendly at all.

Im so curious what you’re referring to. I’ve been going to pesach programs since the 90s and Haven’t encountered un-family friendly programming (belly dancing?) at all! I’m genuinely curious what you’ve seen

groovy1224

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:55 pm
How did you get your job? Do you find that you are able to enjoy the program, or is it very stressful all the time?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 8:59 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
Im so curious what you’re referring to. I’ve been going to pesach programs since the 90s and Haven’t encountered un-family friendly programming (belly dancing?) at all! I’m genuinely curious what you’ve seen

Have seen belly dancing, they wear dressed up according to the nights theme. In a very non modest way to say the least.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:02 pm
Are there ever kashrus halachic issues that the guests are not aware of?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:07 pm
Is a break or is it more work then making Pesach?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Have seen belly dancing, they wear dressed up according to the nights theme. In a very non modest way to say the least.

Ok I’ve never seen belly dancers on a pesach program . I doubt it’s universal

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:09 pm
What is your role? Do you get paid in money also? How much?

Comptroller

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Are there ever kashrus halachic issues that the guests are not aware of?

Definitely. I was at one where they served true cheesecake after a fleishig meal. the non-jewish servers made a mistake. the mashgiach was not on top of things. Happens easily.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:16 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:

Those aren't very frum programs to begin with. They generally cater to crowds where women & girls walk around in bikini's or bathing suits, don't dress tzenuis, don't cover their hair...

amother
Sienna

Im honestly curious about the the TRUTH about Kashrus levels? My son has a friend that is OTD , I know he does not put on Tefillin and is mechalel shabbos yet he went with friends to be a mashgiach in a big program. My husband was a mashgiach as a bachur and its quite a hard job and I know its not possible to be careful about every little thing. He eventually left because he was told " not get involved" when he commented on certain things.

Einikel

How do you juggle family time with your job?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:17 pm
amother Lilac wrote:

What's belly dancing?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:31 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
What's belly dancing?

Half naked women dancing in specific motions & positions. Certain programs have this on a nightly basis.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:34 pm
Comptroller wrote:
Definitely. I was at one where they served true cheesecake after a fleishig meal. the non-jewish servers made a mistake. the mashgiach was not on top of things. Happens easily.

as a kid the hotel we went to served milchig icecream after a fleishig meal. was only discovered because one guest insisted it tasted too good to be parve and went to the kitchen to find out about this amazing icecream. he was right, it was dairy.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Those aren't very frum programs to begin with. They generally cater to crowds where women & girls walk around in bikini's or bathing suits, don't dress tzenuis, don't cover their hair...

Not necessarily, have seen frum and non frum

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Half naked women dancing in specific motions & positions. Certain programs have this on a nightly basis.

Gosh

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
as a kid the hotel we went to served milchig icecream after a fleishig meal. was only discovered because one guest insisted it tasted too good to be parve and went to the kitchen to find out about this amazing icecream. he was right, it was dairy.

Wow that’s bad. What’s if someone who’s allergic to dairy ate it? That’s really irresponsible!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics