Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Pesach program AMA
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Not necessarily, have seen frum and non frum

Been on three different frum Pesach programs and never saw belly dancing or anything remotely like it or objectionable in any way.

The main nightly entertainment is mordechai shapiro type concerts and kumzitzes etc.

There’s actually a lot of inspiration in the form of speeches (that are at times when the kids are in daycamp and parents can attend) as well some special and inspiring people they bring in just to be there (and raise the atmosphere etc).

Haven’t gone in a while so maybe it’s changed since then?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Been on three different frum Pesach programs and never saw belly dancing or anything remotely like it or objectionable in any way.

The main nightly entertainment is mordechai shapiro type concerts and kumzitzes etc.

There’s actually a lot of inspiration in the form of speeches (that are at times when the kids are in daycamp and parents can attend) as well some special and inspiring people they bring in just to be there (and raise the atmosphere etc).

Haven’t gone in a while so maybe it’s changed since then?

Saw them at very high end programs

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:15 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
How are frum people ok with the type of entertainment the program provides for the adults. Saw a few clips and was horrified. Not family friendly at all.

At the programs where I was, the organisers had entertainment that would not conflict with halacha. Music groups without female singers, no female dancers, maybe a magic show, plus there was sight-seeing with guides. Plus many shiurim.

so I cannot confirm the rumors you heard.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:28 pm
Do they have an opening? Ha! Tongue Out
Would love to do this one day

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:29 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Do they have an opening? Ha! Tongue Out
Would love to do this one day

To work there? It's very hard work, and in general rather low pay.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:32 pm
Comptroller wrote:
To work there? It's very hard work, and in general rather low pay.

Does the pay not depend on the job position?
Though, curious what the reasons are for working very hard for low pay?

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:33 pm
Do you recommend it ?
If it wasn’t your job, would you take your family as guests having seen what it’s all about?
Why or why not?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Half naked women dancing in specific motions & positions. Certain programs have this on a nightly basis.

if its just women what's the problem?

gdgirl

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:39 pm
AMA, but I wont answer anything;)?

amother
Sage

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:39 pm
My mil was served pea soup at the meal once. It was advertised non keitnius

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:40 pm
How is the Seder done? All together? Or each family on their own?

Regarding entertainment I’m sure the various programs are catering to different crowds, not every program is for everyone.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 2:33 pm
Comptroller wrote:
At the programs where I was, the organisers had entertainment that would not conflict with halacha. Music groups without female singers, no female dancers, maybe a magic show, plus there was sight-seeing with guides. Plus many shiurim.
so I cannot confirm the rumors you heard.

Only separate swimming?

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Only separate swimming?

Mostly no swimming.

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 4:38 pm
amother Oak wrote:
How is the Seder done? All together? Or each family on their own?

Regarding entertainment I’m sure the various programs are catering to different crowds, not every program is for everyone.

In general families on their own and singles or couples (if they want) around a big table.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:42 pm
I love how these rumors start.
I don’t believe for one minute that frum programs have belly dancing to be viewed by all.

I have been going to hotels for almost 40 years, since I was a kid.
I went to a program, a “mixed” program, which had 2 hours of family swimming hours available on non-YT/non-Shabbos days, in addition to separate men and women hours. To be clear, separate hours for men. And separate hours for just women. Not just for adult men and women together to have affairs, as I am sure that is someone here’s take away. .
Some women didn’t cover their hair, and some wore full shaitals. Someone’s OTD adult son and not frum DIL who joined the family for the holidays played tennis on second day YT. And 🙈 they serve gebrochts. Clearly a place you all look down on and none of you would go.
They had belly dancing on the schedule. The same woman who taught simcha dancing a 4:30 pm, taught yoga at 10 am and belly dancing at 2:30, right after lunch. It was a women’s only class with closed doors. She handed out scarves with bells which she, along with the rest of us, tied around our hips OVER our clothes. But yes, I’m sure your take away will be that I was at a hotel where all the women were naked and belly’s dancing in the hallway, better yet, the night club 🙄.

Once, when I was at a “very frum” place which was non-gebrochts, where everyone wore Shabbos robes to the Seder and nobody was friendly in the least, they accidentally served string beans in the children’s dining room.

Just so you know, at the “mixed place” we went to for years, the Nevele, they never had a female singer or dancers at all. And so you know , the fact that there is in theory swimming, is a joke because between YT and Shabbos, how much chol Hamoed do you have. Ti that add the fact that you definitely want to get out of the hotel so you have an outing, and activities or two, account for separate hours and the meals…. I think in 40 years I have used the pool 3 times.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:46 pm
Is it a fashion show?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:48 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Is it a fashion show?

Yes. Depends on the hotel, but even so it really is.
I have never gone through as many outfits in 8 days as you go through at a pesach hotel.

Cheiny

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:53 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
How are frum people ok with the type of entertainment the program provides for the adults. Saw a few clips and was horrified. Not family friendly at all.

What kind of program has inappropriate horrifying entertainment?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 6:12 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
I love how these rumors start.
I don’t believe for one minute that frum programs have belly dancing to be viewed by all.

I have been going to hotels for almost 40 years, since I was a kid.
I went to a program, a “mixed” program, which had 2 hours of family swimming hours available on non-YT/non-Shabbos days, in addition to separate men and women hours. To be clear, separate hours for men. And separate hours for just women. Not just for adult men and women together to have affairs, as I am sure that is someone here’s take away. .
Some women didn’t cover their hair, and some wore full shaitals. Someone’s OTD adult son and not frum DIL who joined the family for the holidays played tennis on second day YT. And 🙈 they serve gebrochts. Clearly a place you all look down on and none of you would go.
They had belly dancing on the schedule. The same woman who taught simcha dancing a 4:30 pm, taught yoga at 10 am and belly dancing at 2:30, right after lunch. It was a women’s only class with closed doors. She handed out scarves with bells which she, along with the rest of us, tied around our hips OVER our clothes. But yes, I’m sure your take away will be that I was at a hotel where all the women were naked and belly’s dancing in the hallway, better yet, the night club 🙄.

Once, when I was at a “very frum” place which was non-gebrochts, where everyone wore Shabbos robes to the Seder and nobody was friendly in the least, they accidentally served string beans in the children’s dining room.

Just so you know, at the “mixed place” we went to for years, the Nevele, they never had a female singer or dancers at all. And so you know , the fact that there is in theory swimming, is a joke because between YT and Shabbos, how much chol Hamoed do you have. Ti that add the fact that you definitely want to get out of the hotel so you have an outing, and activities or two, account for separate hours and the meals…. I think in 40 years I have used the pool 3 times.

These programs are advertised all over Instagram, so there is no denying what goes on there.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 6:19 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
These programs are advertised all over Instagram, so there is no denying what goes on there.

Have you been there and seen it with your own eyes. Yes or no?

You can be concerned that it might not be the right environment for you and your family and choose not to go, but don’t it sound like a little LH to say these thing? You really do not know factually, irrelevant of what you have seen on the internet especially as nobody has ever misunderstood something or misrepresented something to suit their agenda.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics