Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Post pesach diet support group- who's in?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Melon

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:44 pm
Im in. I gained about 50 lbs over the last few years.

machsheifa

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:50 pm
I’m in. I lost weight and have been maintaining it for a while. Maintaining is just as much work as losing.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:01 pm
I’m in!

I would like to start incorporating fruits and vegetables.
And water.

I think I’ll check in here daily to motivate me.

I need to lose about 50 lb

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:11 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
I’m in!

I would like to start incorporating fruits and vegetables.
And water.

I think I’ll check in here daily to motivate me.

I need to lose about 50 lb

Same as ruby. Maybe this will make me do it!

Apricot

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:37 am
I'm totally in until shavous and then I'll kvetch again.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:52 am
I'm in.
I need to lose 10.
And then another 10.
And then another 10.
Like 80 in total.
But I'll take it 10 lbs at a time....

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:58 am
I eat healthiest on Pesach... not looking forward to the rest of the year when I can't justify spending so much money on produce to fill me up when a box of pasta is $1...

I still haven't eaten chometz because I can't bring myself to do it. I love Pesach food and think I'd be in a much healthier place if I was able to eat that way year round.

Brownie Bar

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:42 am
Im in! I gained thirty pounds since I had my two year old and I can't get it off! 😭 Will keep coming back here for some tips and chizuk.

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:24 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
ugh, I'm hungry and craving food. I ate veggies, fruit and basic proteins like salmon and leftover lean roast.
why do I feel like I need to eat?

Did you have all your meals with protein?
are you drinking enough water?
are you having the right snacks in between?

Come and join this free class coming Sunday on how to rebalance and reset your body after Pesach with Real Food [link removed, please stop posting unpaid ads]

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:33 am
amother Emerald wrote:
I eat healthiest on Pesach... not looking forward to the rest of the year when I can't justify spending so much money on produce to fill me up when a box of pasta is $1...

I still haven't eaten chometz because I can't bring myself to do it. I love Pesach food and think I'd be in a much healthier place if I was able to eat that way year round.

I hear many ppl say that on Pesach they eat healthier than during the year, keep the momentum if you can

The $1 pasta might fill you up but will trigger the wish for more carbs and sugar! finding the balance is the key and I know it can be expensive to buy fresh produce and protein, one thing is pasta and potatoes but kosher processed food is not necessarily cheap, especially if you have a family and I find that many prefer buying nosh than cutting an apple for the kids because of the work behind it. (no judging here) an apple can also be washed and given without cutting it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:08 pm
fullyinbalance wrote:
Did you have all your meals with protein?
are you drinking enough water?
are you having the right snacks in between?

Come and join this free class coming Sunday on how to rebalance and reset your body after Pesach with Real Food [link removed, please stop posting unpaid ads]

id love to join but I'm at work at that time.

I drink a lot. 8+ cups. I don't like protein but I eat as much as I can.
I'm hungry now too.
I just have to get used to eating little.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:30 pm
fullyinbalance wrote:
No don't do that type of cleanse... protein and vegetables and eat every 3 hours to balance your blood sugar and prevent cravings in between

that is the fully in balance method Very Happy

Eating every 3hrs? Doesn’t that increase insulin, fat storing hormone?

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Eating every 3hrs? Doesn’t that increase insulin, fat storing hormone?

not at all - but of course eating the right foods every 3 hours and in the right order not just anything

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
id love to join but I'm at work at that time.

I drink a lot. 8+ cups. I don't like protein but I eat as much as I can.
I'm hungry now too.
I just have to get used to eating little.

There will be a replay but no worries

don't limit yourself with eating little... eat right and at the right time.. my 2 cents Wink

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 3:39 pm
How can I sign up for your replay?
I’m also unavailable at the time

Thanks so much!

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 3:58 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
How can I sign up for your replay?
I’m also unavailable at the time

Thanks so much!

just sign up same link [link removed, please stop posting unpaid ads] I will send replay next day

PrairieFairy

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:14 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
I put on 6 pounds. Why couldn't I just say no to the matza lasagna?!?

Excuse me. What is this??? Do you have a recipe that you can send????? I tremendously dislike the Pesach menus by the time it hits day 8. Fleish and fleish and fleish and fleish.

Please send me this recipe so I can have it for next year!!!!!

PrairieFairy

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:19 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
I want to lose some weight fast. then go the slow and steady route. what do you recommend?

I would suggest doing some inner work before committing to any specific thing.

WHY do you want to lose weight fast?

The approaches to "lose weight fast" are not really sustainable. They mess up (in my experience) ones metabolism and make it harder to maintain in the future leading to yo-yo dieting.

Restriction also leads to binging. So again. More yo-yo dieting.

I'm sure you've heard this many times so I'd wonder what's the "why" is. Understanding the "why" in the pressure will likely help you choose an approach that is best for you (and sustainable. Because the best plan for you is one that is workable for you and considering a fuller picture is going to help with that!).

I personally do intuitive eating and Coach others in that. I can have my cake and eat it to. I have not had a problem maintaining since I started and I don't need to obsess about the things. That's because I really incorporated the emotional side in it as well and worked with my personal situation so the approach is sustainable for ME and MY life.

PrairieFairy

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:29 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
I am starting my journey and checking in here so I'll have some sort of accountability. I plan to try to drink more water, stop the sugar binges, and stop eating by 9pm each night. If I log in next week and haven't done that stuff, please chuck tomatoes at me. I might eat them. Laugh

I just want to gently suggest that it might serve you use SMART goals approach to this.

It stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.

Seems like you have time-bound and relevant. But, do you have the other aspects?

Is this realistic for you? How will you measure it for your own accountability in the meanwhile? You have the "specifics" for the eating timeframe. But what about the others? How much is "more" water? What is the plan for "stopping sugar binges"? Willing yourself? Self-loathing? Has that worked before? If not, what will be done differently this time.

Why are there sugar binges? If you understand the why, you can intercept it better instead of trying to white-knuckle through it. Much easier to understand and come up with an approach that intercepts your specific pattern! Quicker and more efficient.

How will chucking tomatoes at you help? It will just make you feel even worse about yourself and more likely result in not sticking with the plan further. I know it's a joke but I felt like sharing because I know this is a HUGE underlying thing that people don't talk about as much. The negative energy around it ends up making it harder! Be kind to yourself, the weight will come off faster.

What is the plan to make yourself feel GOOD about this instead of it seeming like something you get punished for?

If it's a punishment, it's more difficult to stick with.

Just sharing forward some things that might serve you to consider. B'Hatzlacha!

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:35 pm
PrairieFairy wrote:
I just want to gently suggest that it might serve you use SMART goals approach to this.

It stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.

Seems like you have time-bound and relevant. But, do you have the other aspects?

Is this realistic for you? How will you measure it for your own accountability in the meanwhile? You have the "specifics" for the eating timeframe. But what about the others? How much is "more" water? What is the plan for "stopping sugar binges"? Willing yourself? Self-loathing? Has that worked before? If not, what will be done differently this time.

Why are there sugar binges? If you understand the why, you can intercept it better instead of trying to white-knuckle through it. Much easier to understand and come up with an approach that intercepts your specific pattern! Quicker and more efficient.

How will chucking tomatoes at you help? It will just make you feel even worse about yourself and more likely result in not sticking with the plan further. I know it's a joke but I felt like sharing because I know this is a HUGE underlying thing that people don't talk about as much. The negative energy around it ends up making it harder! Be kind to yourself, the weight will come off faster.

What is the plan to make yourself feel GOOD about this instead of it seeming like something you get punished for?

If it's a punishment, it's more difficult to stick with.

Just sharing forward some things that might serve you to consider. B'Hatzlacha!

You clearly are a life coach, or you should be anyway. Just logging in to say that I have not been keeping my diet. Sad

Your post has given me some food for thought (pun somewhat intended) and I will try to come up with a better plan of action.

I will add, though, that consequences do motivate me. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise