Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Experienced mothers- reflux pls chime in!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:07 pm
Ladies
My heart is breaking for my near 2 month old suffering w reflux. He is otherwise such a cutie but feeding is a struggle and sleep is beyond minimal. No matteer what weve done he takes AGESSS to put to sleep and will wake up shreiking 15 minutes later w random burping, spitting up and hiccups. Weve tried- elevation inclidung sleeping in car seat, carrier( best but very difficult to wear him for hours and hours on end), lots of different formulas, changing bottles/flow thickening formulas and already 2 different medications. I really dont know what to do. How can I get him to sleep ? Also he half takes a pacifier (after buying everyone on the market) because hell end up choking/gagging. He also cries purple its scary. All ideas are welcome none to big or small lol pls chime in if you have any suggestions for me..
Signed
A mom with other kids bh who has no help and is BURNING OUT

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:25 pm
What medications did you try?

mom789

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:32 pm
I am a reflux experienced mom.. burp baby very often during feedings. Another big one is don’t try to put them down until they’ve burped or they will be up shortly after! I also find that smaller feedings more often help. During the day I hold baby upright for a while after she eats as well. Hatzlacha!!

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:37 pm
I’m currently dealing with this. My baby is on a probiotic and omeprazole which I find most helpful. Try to get anti-reflux formula - the European ones are best.
Use Philip avent or Dr brown bottles only. Keep baby in the babybjorn bouncer (make sure baby gets loads of tummy time, though)

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 10:57 pm
Reflux mom.
If nursing- muscle test which foods may be contributing to it.
If formula- dairy based is very hard for babies.

I found wearing the baby helped alot. The baby ktan is great. I also found that the prodermix probiotics worked very well.

exhausted

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:16 pm
Did you try cranial sacral therapy or a chiropractor? Both can be very helpful.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 11:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ladies
My heart is breaking for my near 2 month old suffering w reflux. He is otherwise such a cutie but feeding is a struggle and sleep is beyond minimal. No matteer what weve done he takes AGESSS to put to sleep and will wake up shreiking 15 minutes later w random burping, spitting up and hiccups. Weve tried- elevation inclidung sleeping in car seat, carrier( best but very difficult to wear him for hours and hours on end), lots of different formulas, changing bottles/flow thickening formulas and already 2 different medications. I really dont know what to do. How can I get him to sleep ? Also he half takes a pacifier (after buying everyone on the market) because hell end up choking/gagging. He also cries purple its scary. All ideas are welcome none to big or small lol pls chime in if you have any suggestions for me..
Signed

Finally switched to neocate syneo (specifically need to be syneo) formula. BH things have been better. Babysitter said to burp every half an ounce of feeding so feeding can take 20-30 minutes.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Ladies
Signed

Um. Are you me? I could've written this word for word. I showed it to my husband hes like did you write this. Following for ideas. My baby exact same age and doing exactly what yours is doing. The only relief im finding is talking to Hashem and asking him for help bec I am literally losing my mind.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:08 am
With my baby with reflux-he went onto prevacid and neocate. I was nursing and kept cutting things out but he was still very unhappy even with the prevacid so I pumped while I tried neocate, and while it didn't solve everything, it helped. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:58 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
Finally switched to neocate syneo (specifically need to be syneo) formula. BH things have been better. Babysitter said to burp every half an ounce of feeding so feeding can take 20-30 minutes.

Interesting. I tried neocate "regular" and so no difference. I am curious about this. Thanks

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:00 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Um. Are you me? I could've written this word for word. I showed it to my husband hes like did you write this. Following for ideas. My baby exact same age and doing exactly what yours is doing. The only relief im finding is talking to Hashem and asking him for help bec I am literally losing my mind.

All I can say is - I hope something here works for you. This is such a struggle ! Im sorry you guys are also going through it. Hashem should answer our tefilos!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:02 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
I’m currently dealing with this. My baby is on a probiotic and omeprazole which I find most helpful. Try to get anti-reflux formula - the European ones are best.
Use Philip avent or Dr brown bottles only. Keep baby in the babybjorn bouncer (make sure baby gets loads of tummy time, though)

I use those bottles, and have baby on tummy time lots. Can I ask which probiotic? Also he isnt particularly happier in the bouncer. I also have a swing and glider and different strollers etcc... but still nada. I am using a generic probiotic though...

mazal555

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:49 am
Make sure the baby is sleeping angled up for the first half hour after feeding. Also stressed babies reflux worse. And reflux is so hard. but it's temporary
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics