Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I drank prune juice over pesach

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:31 pm
And for the first time, I didn’t gain any weight over yomtov.
I wasn’t running to the bathroom either.
Is this a thing- drinking prune juice to avoid weight gain?
I’m officially 10 lbs overweight. Maybe I should continue drinking prune juice so I can lose weight?!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:33 pm
It helps you not be constipated, but I've never heard of it for weightloss. In general, juice, even 100% juice is not the best becausr it's liquid calories.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:07 pm
I wasn’t specifically drinking it for weight loss. I bought the bottle of prune juice ‘just in case‘.
I’ve been getting stomach aches lately and sometimes having issues with the bathroom.
Turns out- I drank the prune juice and didn’t have the stomach aches I’ve been having lately. And the good part is not gaining weight after pesach. I usually put on a few pounds.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 2:48 pm
prune juice has loads of sugar fyi

fullyinbalance

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 2:50 pm
it just helped you release your bowels the right way - are you usually constipated?

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 3:06 pm
fullyinbalance wrote:
it just helped you release your bowels the right way - are you usually constipated?

Sounds like she is as op wrote I have been having stomach pains/issues recently.

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 3:50 pm
I found eating prunes to be very helpful

zaq

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:01 pm
Prune juice is highly caloric thanks to the sugar content and is not a tool for weight loss. As with all fruit, eating the whole prune is healthier than drinking the juice, but both the juice and the fruit are excellent for combating the distressing intestinal consequences of ingesting too much matzah.

Don't make the mistake in logic of thinking that because B happens after A, A causes B. The prune juice didn't cause your weight loss or weight stabilization. By preventing constipation, it may have created the illusion of preventing weight gain, because your scale makes no distinction between the weight of fat, muscle, or undigested food still in your gut. You will weigh more when constipated than when not, and your waistline will be thicker, but this is not true weight gain. It vanishes once your bowels empty out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise