Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is everyone wearing black tights today?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:28 am
I'm in Lakewood and wearing nude.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:30 am
Ruchel wrote:
There's an official switch in America? I see people wearing all types all year

Yes, there is an official switch over in America. I just never seem to get the memo…
It’s funny because my European neighbor who is very trendy and well dressed often seems to wear the wrong color tights for the weather. I guess in Europe it’s not a thing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:32 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
From my observations, I think lag baomer is when most ppl officially make the switch

Oh okay… that’s coming up soon and I’ll be sure to store my black tights until succos and only wear nude.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:34 am
I hate having to bounce back and forth between black and nude! Its supposed to be cold the next few days so I stayed in black for today also.

SuperWify

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:20 am
In Lakewood do the unofficial official rule is lag baomer Shavous. I personally think it ridiculous to wear black when it’s 80’! Go by the weather please!!

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:28 am
Based on my view of the weather, with Sunday still being cold, I'll be switching over to nude on Monday next week. I don't like switching back and forth so after pesach I look at the 10 day forecast and decide when.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 11:33 am
SuperWify wrote:
In Lakewood do the unofficial official rule is lag baomer Shavous. I personally think it ridiculous to wear black when it’s 80’! Go by the weather please!!

Thanks! I guess I was confused and thought the unofficial rule was pesach.
I don’t think black tights is any warmer than nude tights but black tights doesn’t match with some of my summer clothing so it would look funny.
Anyway, I changed! I am currently wearing a black skirt with a black and white summer top. I switched into black tights. Feels better.
I’m home most of the day anyway aside for carpool and shopping with my daughter later so I don’t think it matters much what I wear today.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:37 pm
It’s a Lakewood thing , idk why it is but until almost June, majority stay in black tights. Personally I think it’s silly and I am in nude today because it’s hot but every year I laugh how even when it’s hot lots of Lakewood ladies don’t make the switch.

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:39 pm
Because it's black-thigh-day?
Let's remember: May 2nd = black-thigh-day.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:40 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Caring about what others do is even more ridiculous. There's no rule

Comptroller

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:41 pm
LiLIsraeli wrote:
I'm in Lakewood and wearing nude.

How could you? On black-thigh-day????

Very Happy LOL Laugh

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lakewood?

I haven't been wearing winter since beg of pesach.

I honestly don't look at anyone else's tights and if I do notice someone wearing black and it's hot I just laugh and think thats pathetic.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I hate having to bounce back and forth between black and nude! Its supposed to be cold the next few days so I stayed in black for today also.

Why? Do you not put on a new pair every day?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:00 pm
Shabbos where I live says low 60s and cloudy. Isn’t that black tights weather?

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:00 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
It’s a Lakewood thing , idk why it is but until almost June, majority stay in black tights. Personally I think it’s silly and I am in nude today because it’s hot but every year I laugh how even when it’s hot lots of Lakewood ladies don’t make the switch.

Can we be friends?
Every year the family chat at this time of year, the family chat is full of, 'do I HAVE to wear nude'? I don't get it.

Simple1

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:09 pm
Black is more comfortable and nicer looking unless you have good legs. so I don’t switch till I have to. I’m thinking of getting long skirts.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:10 pm
I'm honestly confused as to what the weather even has to do with it.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:11 pm
Because with cleaning up from pesach and turning the kitchen back over and restocking the house and kids home for isru-chag they didn’t have time to shave.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:52 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Can we be friends?
Every year the family chat at this time of year, the family chat is full of, 'do I HAVE to wear nude'? I don't get it.

Me neither. I learnt not to care when I get comments at work oh you’re all ready for summer lol. It’s high 80s today it is summer weather

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 1:56 pm
what is the point of see-through or leg-colored leg coverings
power to the black-tights-ppl
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries