Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Memories: Friar Tuck Inn

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:29 pm
With all this prep and cleaning and cooking I just am sitting here on couch and thinking of the old days when I would go to the Friar Tuck Inn. Thought it would be fun to see if anyone here also went there and wants to share some memories.
I used to love that grand lobby and chill there all day.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:32 pm
Oh my! Such memories! We went there for 2 years. I loved that place. So many nooks and crannies. It was so much fun.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:53 pm
We went was I really little about 25years ago. I can still smell the “tea” room

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:00 am
amother Peru wrote:
Oh my! Such memories! We went there for 2 years. I loved that place. So many nooks and crannies. It was so much fun.

How old were you when you went? Yeah that place was huge and so many places to discover and check out

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:01 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
We went was I really little about 25years ago. I can still smell the “tea” room

Yes. The tea room that never stopped! Lol

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:04 am
Omg great memories! I remember standing on line for the kiddie supper with my brother and talking out loud about our ‘siblings’ we were taking food for LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:14 am
I remember the day camp was on a reallllly high floor and my family didn’t take the shabbos elevator and I remember feeling like climbing a mountain to get to day camp.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:18 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
I remember the day camp was on a reallllly high floor and my family didn’t take the shabbos elevator and I remember feeling like climbing a mountain to get to day camp.

The day camp counselors were actually so cool for a pesach program I thought

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:20 am
Another memory. There was a helicopter pad on premises and if there was an accident and the patient needed to be airlifted they would bring them there. During one day meal they brought an injured motorcyclist and we had free entertainment!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
Another memory. There was a helicopter pad on premises and if there was an accident and the patient needed to be airlifted they would bring them there. During one day meal they brought an injured motorcyclist and we had free entertainment!

Ya I remember we even had our own Hatzalah group because we were so far from any other jews

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 3:59 pm
Just bumping this up in case people missed from being busy.
Really have such fond memories and wud love to meet someone else from my time there.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 4:37 pm
https://youtu.be/uAaMih11fUw?feature=shared

We discovered this a little bit ago. I was little when we went but definitely have distinct memories

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 6:29 pm
My family was part of the staff and we went from the first year until the very last. By the end the program was really running on fumes. But I have so so so many good memories of that place. Our friends we saw year to year, catching up. Daycamp was a blast. We would drop off our suitcases and just yell to our parents “we’re going exploring!” And disappear for hours. No matter how many times we went, we always found something new! The video of what it looks like now, while not surprising, makes me sad 😢

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:38 pm
I went 3 or 4 times, I think.
I remember a day camp trip to Howe Caverns, some of the outfits I wore, acting in a play, and these chocolate coins that came in a roll (kind of like Mentos) given out as a prize.
Certain cheers that were taught in day camp, that have made it into our family for life Smile

The names of the rooms, the Old English Castle/Fort Decor.
The "other lobby " that had a fire place.

The tea room. The hot tub. The outdoor pool that wasn't in use.

The chol homoed night entertainment.
Avraham Fried. Passing by and seeing the rehearsal
Yehuda! coming in on roller blades.
It was weird to be at a concert, but sitting in a regular stackable chair.

The bars in the different dining room/ball rooms that weren't in use for Pesach obviously, but for some reason this sticks out to me. Maybe we would hide behind them? Some were covered, but some were overlooked. Thinking that on theory I had access to all the soda in the world and seeing what "on tap" really meant.

The full kiddush before the meal, and me not getting the concept of 2 meals back to back. And also the discussion of how to have makom seudah with no mezonos.

Oh, and when accidental discovery of how to make French toast!

There's more, but I don't want to give myself away Smile

yalixoxo

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
My family was part of the staff and we went from the first year until the very last. By the end the program was really running on fumes. But I have so so so many good memories of that place. Our friends we saw year to year, catching up. Daycamp was a blast. We would drop off our suitcases and just yell to our parents “we’re going exploring!” And disappear for hours. No matter how many times we went, we always found something new! The video of what it looks like now, while not surprising, makes me sad 😢

My husband is actually friends with someone that was staff there as well. He worked as a mashgiach and wud tell us all kinds of stories from his time there. Sounded like a fun place and a fun time.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:34 pm
My whole extended family used to go. This thread is so much fun

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:00 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
My whole extended family used to go. This thread is so much fun

So lets keep it going. There has got to be more people that went there on here.

I also remember that “other” lobby with fireplace. Thats where the cool kids hung out lol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics