Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Did you allow your teens to read the supplement stories?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 7:26 am
I gave away the Ami supplement and my kids didn't read it. I found it very, very odd.
But I didn't remember thinking anything negative about the Calligraphy in mishpacha....

scintilla

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 7:47 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I gave away the Ami supplement and my kids didn't read it. I found it very, very odd.
But I didn't remember thinking anything negative about the Calligraphy in mishpacha....

Thought exactly the same.

cnc

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 7:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Glad I wasn't the only one.

scruffy

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:07 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
I also felt like I've read it before... I wonder if it was a reprint.

In general, many of the stories in the AMI supplement were over-the-top, bare bones (hardly any plot), and seemed as if the authors were sending in a draft story for a serial

Yes it was a reprint from the Ami supplement years before. Maybe they figured that everyone forgot it and they can publish it again.

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 9:13 am
I didn't read it myself yet, to be honest. Too busy, wasn't in the mood of short stories when I did have time to read.
I don't get Ami. And I didn't screen my 16 year old from reading Mishpacha. I'm not very into that, to be honest. I find they read what they are ready for, the rest goes over their head....and if you try to police them, they'll just read it at their friend's house. I'd rather she read it at my house and discuss any questions she has.....

AlwaysGrateful

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:11 am
We stopped getting the magazines because of this. We do get Zman and Makif sometimes.

I don't mind my kids reading things like that sometimes (at a friend's house, let's say). But I didn't want them consuming a steady diet of this stuff all of the time and it becoming part of their worldview and seen as "normal."

I am finally finding the time to read all of the things I never had time to read Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room