Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for a diverse Jewish community to join for summer

AnnaS

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:56 am
Hi,
We're looking for a diverse Jewish community to join this summer in Upstate New York. My family comes from a chabad background. My kids have attended both Chabad and Modern Orthodox schools, Im a working artist... So we don't fit perfectly into any one community but are interested in meeting different kids of Jews. We have never gone away for the summer before so I know very little about how it works. Can you recommend a Summer community in upstate new york like this? I'd be coming with a 14 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. TIA

doctorima

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:15 am
Tannersville NY comes to mind as a good option. There's a Chabad shul and many Chabad families, but a lot of overall diversity and a spirit of achdus. Your son could go to the day camp. Your daughter may be too old, but perhaps could work as staff at the camp. Finding housing there can be difficult, though there's a WA chat where people post what they're looking for and what's available.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:29 am
doctorima wrote:
Tannersville NY comes to mind as a good option. There's a Chabad shul and many Chabad families, but a lot of overall diversity and a spirit of achdus. Your son could go to the day camp. Your daughter may be too old, but perhaps could work as staff at the camp. Finding housing there can be difficult, though there's a WA chat where people post what they're looking for and what's available.

There's a day camp in Tannersville? I never knew that. Do you by chance have contact info for who runs it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics