Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
New beds: standard box springs vs upholstered frames

mommy34

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:32 am
Looking to buy new beds for master bedroom. I have the traditional box springs over metal frames. (I had wood headboards which we got rid of because they would bang into the wall constantly) Upon waking into the store I see they are showing one piece upholstered bed frames including head boards. Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages? Is it easy to move when we want the beds together? Do the headboards band into the wall whenever you move? Any other info you can offer me about this would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance…

mommy34

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:37 pm
Bump

UQT

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:35 pm
It’s definitely much prettier to get upholstery.

A few things I noticed about them not necessarily good or bad:
They are lower - you’re sitting closing to the ground when you’re on them.
They need to vacuumed as they can get dusty.
They are wider and take up more room. So a queen upholstered takes up a lot more room than a queen box springs.

When moved together it probably has a nice gap bec you need room for the border.

But I love the look of my upholstered bed and do find it comfortable

cla

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 3:27 pm
I recently switched from box spring to upholstered frame. It looks very pretty and overall I love it. One thing I didn't realize is that the bottom rail is not close to the floor, it's about 10 inches gap from the floor. I didn't like the look. I'd used circa bed wraps with my previous box spring and was planning on giving them away. I ended up adding them back onto the new beds, it's a bit of a two-toned look, but it sits only an inch above the floor, and I love the look now. So definitely something to consider is not only if you like the headboard but if you like the amount of gap at the bottom.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:11 pm
There are all styles of "upholstered" bed frames.

Some use box springs and others have a platform so only use a suitable mattress.

Some have side rails - some have side rails and footboard.

Some are high and some are low - depends on the style.

I have an adjustable bed frame so the mattress sits on the adjustable bed and the upholstered part is purely decorative.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars