Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Really difficult toddler

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:22 pm
She is almost a year and a half, my fourth girl and very different from the others. She is fearless, confident of her right to have everything she wants, she climbs furniture, escapes the playpen, bangs her head on the floor if we say no until she bruises. I nurse her all night and she rips my hair, bites me and pinches me. I've tried being loving in return, taking things away, smacking her hand gently, nothing deters her from being a bully. She uses her toys as weapons and chucks them at us or uses them to scale the furniture. She can open doors. She is very smart and a bit manipulative, using her emotions, screams, etc to retaliate against us. Any advice? I generally try to distract her by walking around cuddling her, talking to her and kissing her, showing her how to play nicely or look at picture books. My husband is a stay at home dad and this is seriously ruining his peace. I can deal with it because I'm at work all day but I'm sleep deprived from her as well.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:24 pm
Evaluate her. She can probably use ot and might have other delays. These are often a sign of things like adhd or asd but they aren’t diagnosed until much older. For now get as much therapy as you can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics