Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
T/S ISO HOSPITAL.UPDATED AGAIN..TEHILIM NEEDED
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:40 pm
Those who say refuah is this shuki berman or the other refuah (in monroe) ? (sorry if I am confusing names)

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:44 pm
Did you call refuah?

cnc

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:46 pm
Not Shuki Berman. Refuah - Chana B Landau
https://refuahhelp.org/about.html

amother
OP

amother cornflower wrote:
Did you call refuah?
no because I called Chaim medical (I've used them in the past for general reccomendations)

cnc

amother OP wrote:
Can I PM you now ?

yes

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 8:54 pm
I had similar 10 years ago. Was in maimonides under terrible care. Was transferred to columbia bh!! You can call these organizations any day of the week.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:54 pm
another vote for Columbia
Dr. Kenneth Prager is unbelievable, if you can get into him (find out about insurance, not sure if he takes). He was able to diagnose and treat successfully bH after multiple tri-state hospitals misdiagnosed...
The referral agencies can direct you to a good doctor who will hopefully be covered by your insurance

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Maimonidies

Dr Needleman in Maimonides is good.
Can you get a consult with him?

tweety1

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
no because I called Chaim medical (I've used them in the past for general reccomendations)

I was alot happier with chaim medical than with refuah.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:03 pm
Thinking if you and hoping you are getting him transferred
Please keep
Us posted

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
another vote for Columbia
Dr. Kenneth Prager is unbelievable, if you can get into him (find out about insurance, not sure if he takes). He was able to diagnose and treat successfully bH after multiple tri-state hospitals misdiagnosed...
The referral agencies can direct you to a good doctor who will hopefully be covered by your insurance

He is the absolute best. He’s one of the biggest mensches around and who I sent my mother too. I consider it an honor to know him and consider all his patients lucky to be in his care.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Thinking if you and hoping you are getting him transferred
Please keep
Us posted
still trying, no leads though yet. From what it seems like (from here) columbia is my best option. I hope tomorrow chaim medical can help me.

Thanks everyone for the advice and support (and if you can still be with me on this journey while I post it would mean lots for me)

I am going to take a rest now. Exhausted

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:27 am
You cannot do this on your own. Columbia has to accept the case, miamonides has to agree to the transfer out, insurance has to approve it, you want a specific doctor to handle the case ( As opposed to the attending resident/fellow on call from the team)

You really need the medical referral agency to handle it. Call Chaim medical back in the morning and explain the seriousness of the situation. If they can't help, refuah helpline does Excellent work too

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:51 am
Hackensack has an excellent adult pulmonary department.
Be mindful of how people think of the value of the life of a
Special needs adult in big city hospitals.
If look into Cohens also

NechaMom

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 2:04 am
Davening for your son, op. Hope you got the right connections and will get the best care! Refuah sheleima!

tweety1

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:46 am
BTW, maimonides might give you a hard time with a t transfer to Columbia. My niece had thay. Her dc was very very sick and they wanted OUT. Finally after a few days they only agreed to transfer to Mt. Sinai. Something having to do with a contract with them. Not sure what it is. (Columbia had agreed and reserved a bed for the kid but maimonides refused)

kermit

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:28 pm
Columbia Presbyterian

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:53 pm
OP davening for you and your child. Hospital beauracracy is a pain to deal with but klal yisroel has so many malachim that will help you navigate. Call chaim, refuah, shuki, anyone you can think of until something comes through.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 2:03 pm
tweety1 wrote:
BTW, maimonides might give you a hard time with a t transfer to Columbia. My niece had thay. Her dc was very very sick and they wanted OUT. Finally after a few days they only agreed to transfer to Mt. Sinai. Something having to do with a contract with them. Not sure what it is. (Columbia had agreed and reserved a bed for the kid but maimonides refused)

You can leave a hospital AMA, against medical advice. If I were a patient at Maimonedes (which was Brooklyn's best hospital in the 50s/60s), I would put on my shoes and leave and arrive at the ER at NYU

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 2:03 pm
I'm sure you are all well-meaning but recommending that the OP call multiple organizations is going to get complicated and doesn't usually end well. I speak from experience. I would call one organization and stick with that. I would personally call Refua Helpline.
I hope you get the help you need quickly and refua sheleima for your son.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries