Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The thing feminism failed with most
Previous  1  2

Are you wearing pockets?
Yes  
 26%  [ 34 ]
No  
 52%  [ 67 ]
Not today  
 20%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 127

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 5:23 pm
I love having pockets but only if the design does not add bulk to my frame.
Plenty of times I cut out pockets and re-sew the seams on my dresses.
I adore pockets on my cardigans and jackets though.

zaq

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:13 pm
GLUE wrote:
I only wear men's blouses because they have pockets women's many of them do not.

I davka don't like chest pockets. I'm very well-endowed, and the last thing I need is to add more bulk there, whether it's the pocket itself or the contents thereof. I like pockets in jackets and coats, especially inside pockets. I once had a coat with a zipper pocket on the inside. I'd put my wallet there and go shopping with nothing in my hands. The coat itself was nothing out of the ordinary, but that pocket was gold.

If you can get your hands on an old book titled With Malice Towards Some by Margaret Halsey, read it by all means. It's a rollicking memoir of Halsey's adventures during her and her BFF's post-high-school trip to Europe around 1930.There is a hilarious segment describing how they try to manage the under-the-skirt purses that their mothers give them to keep their money and documents safe. The bags bang into their legs and twist around and make walking, even standing, extremely awkward.

zaq

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:19 pm
IME, pockets in women's clothes are generally inferior to those in men's clothes. They tend to be much shallower, so contents are less secure. Men's side pockets go way down, twice as deep or deeper than those in a skirt. I wouldn't dream of putting my wallet in the side pocket of a skirt. A hankie or face mask, yes; something valuable, no. The pockets in suit jackets, if they exist at all, are big enough to hold a business card and that's about it. There are seldom if ever inside pockets, and again, if they exist, they're minuscule. Why provide a pocket if it's not going to be functional?

a2z

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:23 am
zaq wrote:
IME, pockets in women's clothes are generally inferior to those in men's clothes. They tend to be much shallower, so contents are less secure. Men's side pockets go way down, twice as deep or deeper than those in a skirt. I wouldn't dream of putting my wallet in the side pocket of a skirt. A hankie or face mask, yes; something valuable, no. The pockets in suit jackets, if they exist at all, are big enough to hold a business card and that's about it. There are seldom if ever inside pockets, and again, if they exist, they're minuscule. Why provide a pocket if it's not going to be functional?

Yah, my teenager db can fit a 1.5 liter bottle in his bekeche pocket comfortably with only the cover peeking out.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics