Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wearing stockings but want to exercise
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 8:16 am
AlwaysCleaning wrote:
Yep, https://hosieryandsockoutlet.c.....0high*
k

Thanks. That price is absolutely insane. Do they last?

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Also stockings and sneakers just don’t look right

You can wear the ones that don't show. They have ones specifically for no show in sneakers.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 8:43 am
Do they have footless stockings? Then you can wear them with sneakers and socks.

I still don't understand why you can't change out of your nylons in the before exercising and just pop them back on afterwards.

AlwaysCleaning

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:42 am
amother OP wrote:
k

Thanks. That price is absolutely insane. Do they last?

Lol yes stockings are a fortune. If you get the right size (not too small) then they tend to rip less than stockings since you're not yanking them up so high.

Comptroller

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I literally said it’s not an option. I can’t wear leggings to work

So you don't have the pioneer spirit to launch a new fashion trend? OK, not everyone has the guts.

Your question and commentaries sound a bit like "How can I wash without getting wet?"

good luck.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:13 am
I have comfortable stockings and wear ankle socks with my sneakers. I can't wear my sneakers without the ankle socks as otherwise they end up getting worn and ripping at the toe.
I don't think it looks funny, or at least any funnier than any of my other tznius clothing.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I always used to do thigh highs but they stopped making them. Do you still get them somewhere?

Amazon carries numerous varieties of thigh highs.

jeg

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:28 am
Try Sheertex, they are unrippable and pretty comfy (for stockings). They are $$ but go on good sales.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:37 am
Hi, maybe I missed it but why can’t you just take them off and put them back on again? If I exercise later in the day, I’m usually not getting all dressed up or if I am I’m taking a shower so we have to take them off anyway.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:03 pm
Comptroller wrote:
So you don't have the pioneer spirit to launch a new fashion trend? OK, not everyone has the guts.

Your question and commentaries sound a bit like "How can I wash without getting wet?"

good luck.

I didn’t say that. Leggings are not dressed up enough for work. I wear them at home

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:03 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Hi, maybe I missed it but why can’t you just take them off and put them back on again? If I exercise later in the day, I’m usually not getting all dressed up or if I am I’m taking a shower so we have to take them off anyway.

Because it’s super annoying to get them on and off and they’re more likely t tear

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:04 pm
jeg wrote:
Try Sheertex, they are unrippable and pretty comfy (for stockings). They are $$ but go on good sales.

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:05 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Amazon carries numerous varieties of thigh highs.

Ok let me rephrase. I used to get for $3 a pair from Hanes. Can’t find that anymore, I can’t afford $6-10 a pair, that’s absolutely insane. I see some cheap ones are those going to be as good as hanes?

Rabbit613

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:08 pm
I put my stockings on and off a gew times a day. They make me so uncomfortable. Every time I come home I take them off and when I go out I put them on again.

PrairieFairy

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:19 pm
I like to wear crew/ Bobby socks on top of them when I wear sneakers.

Avoid the on and off. It's a cute look in my opinion. And protects the tights from sneaker chafing.

You can also think about your outfit and get thinner dressier socks that either match the sneakers or the outfit so it feels less "off" in the look.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:22 pm
Hi OP I also go walking for exercise on my break. I brought myself cute trendy sneakers and I wear them with socks and long skirts.. so many cute maxi skirts these days they aren’t hard to find.. some denim, some printed. Some solid. I wear with a tee shirt tucked in

PrairieFairy

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:24 pm
Comptroller wrote:

good luck.

I think it's awesome that op is being honest with herself that this is an obstacle to her exercising. It's smarter to work with herself than to self pressure to work through something that she knows won't work for her.

We save time by taking the path of least resistance and she is doing that.

Sidenote. To wash without getting wet use purell or baby wipes. Air dries almost immediately. If even that's too much, use friction and a cloth made for that. Ie; magic eraser type thing.

Let's look for solutions instead of problems Smile

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:26 pm
I just wear stockings, no show socks, and sneakers. If I'm excersing why do I care about looking nice?

Comptroller

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 4:30 pm
Rabbit613 wrote:
I put my stockings on and off a gew times a day. They make me so uncomfortable. Every time I come home I take them off and when I go out I put them on again.

I seriously think we should launch a revolution against stockings.

If everyone finds them uncomfortable (myself included), why are we doing this to ourselves? Let's unite and replace them by comfortable cotton leggings or the kind of trousers the pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez!

AlwaysCleaning

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 5:24 pm
Comptroller wrote:
I seriously think we should launch a revolution against stockings.

If everyone finds them uncomfortable (myself included), why are we doing this to ourselves? Let's unite and replace them by comfortable cotton leggings or the kind of trousers the pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez!

So start the trend. Personally I like the look of stockings vs. leggings
To each their own.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics