Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Judgement free thread of weight loss shots
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:17 am
I see the ads all over Jewish media so I know many people have to be on it. Left and right I look around town and women in their late 30's and early 40's seem to be melting away pounds after not being able to for years. So let's talk about it. Anonymous is ok. I want to hear how it is going?

Judgement free zone

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:34 am
I’m totally not melting away.
Started in November. Was losing 1/2 to 1 pound a week. It was out of stock and missed two weeks so I gained back about 5 pounds. Then after a month missed a week again cuz of pesach and pharmacy couldn’t order and then wasn’t open. And gained again 5 pounds. In total I’m down 15 pounds at this point. (Have another 70-80 that I can lose) I also don’t feel as full as I did in the beginning.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:45 am
amother Beige wrote:
Started in November. Was losing 1/2 to 1 pound a week. It was out of stock and missed two weeks so I gained back about 5 pounds. Then after a month missed a week again cuz of pesach and pharmacy couldn’t order and then wasn’t open. And gained again 5 pounds. In total I’m down 15 pounds at this point. (Have another 70-80 that I can lose) I also don’t feel as full as I did in the beginning.

Have you increased your dose?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:49 am
amother Beige wrote:

Sometimes my regular pharmacy is also out of stock of the dose I want. If you're serious about it, you have to push and try to make it work. Occasionally I've had to call 3 or 4 pharmacies to get it. Are you trying if your pharmacy says they're out, or you just miss?

I've been on it for around a year and went from 165 to 145.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Have you increased your dose?

Started at monjouro 5 went to 7.5 and then to 10

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:03 am
amother Jade wrote:
Sometimes my regular pharmacy is also out of stock of the dose I want. If you're serious about it, you have to push and try to make it work. Occasionally I've had to call 3 or 4 pharmacies to get it. Are you trying o if your pharmacy says they're out you just miss?

I've been on it for around a year and went from 165 to 145.

Is your insurance covering it? Is it perscribed through your doctor or a weight loss clinic?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is your insurance covering it? Is it perscribed through your doctor or a weight loss clinic?

Prescribed thru doctor. Insurance covers part of it. It's still expensive as I'm paying around $550 a month.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:16 pm
Prescribed by doctor but insurance not covering.

I am buying ozempic.
Started with .25 of an mg and slowly upped to .37 of an mg.

Its a minimal dose.

I lost 50 pounds in 3 months. Decided I didn't want to lose anymore so went off for 2 weeks. Then went back on the .25

I pay around 100-150 a month for it.

My BMI is still 31 which considered borderline obese but I really feel good about myself and want to take time to enjoy my mobility and ease to shop and dress bh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:

I am buying ozempic.

Its a minimal dose.

I lost 50 pounds in 3 months. Decided I didn't want to lose anymore so went off for 2 weeks. Then went back on the .25

My BMI is still 31 which considered borderline obese but I really feel good about myself and want to take time to enjoy my mobility and ease to shop and dress bh.

Wow thats a LOT to lose! Is it ok to lose so quickly? Is it like self imposed anorexia.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow thats a LOT to lose! Is it ok to lose so quickly? Is it like self imposed anorexia.

I didn't intend to lose so fast.

It was an extremely hectic 3 months of my life and I literally didn't realize that its happening until my skirts came off my waist and then when I went to buy new bras I realized I'm like 3 sizes down.

Along with having to lose some weight I simultaneously had to get off gluten so I found myself with not much appetite plus not many immediate choices.

I love bread so before I was off gluten even if I wouldn't have the biggest appetite I would make myself 2 toasted bread with tuna.

Now being off gluten and not having a huge appetite equaled the fast weight loss.

That's why I went off the ozempic and now back on to the small dose.

Over Pesach I took another break of the ozempic and gained 5-6 pounds but I think its not because I was off it.

I think it's because I had baked yummy gluten free things and was able to grab a cupcake every time I felt like it.

I don't know what to say about the fast weight loss. I'm a very big fan of going slow but this kind of happened by itself.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:40 pm
I am taking zepbound and it's not as magical as I would like.

I previously tried mounjaro and that worked VERY well for me but then my insurance stopped covering it. So I had to stop taking it which was so sad and frustrating. I weigh like 300 pounds and this was the first thing that finally worked and now it's being taken away from me.

Then I tried wegovy as soon as it became available and it didn't do a thing for me. Literally nothing. I took the highest dose and lost nothing.

Then I waited until zepbound became available and started that. But the first 3 doses weren't effective for me. Now finally it is doing something and I have lost 10 pounds. Bh my insurance covers it.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:45 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I am taking zepbound and it's not as magical as I would like.

I previously tried mounjaro and that worked VERY well for me but then my insurance stopped covering it. So I had to stop taking it which was so sad and frustrating. I weigh like 300 pounds and this was the first thing that finally worked and now it's being taken away from me.

Then I tried wegovy as soon as it became available and it didn't do a thing for me. Literally nothing. I took the highest dose and lost nothing.

Then I waited until zepbound became available and started that. But the first 3 doses weren't effective for me. Now finally it is doing something and I have lost 10 pounds. Bh my insurance covers it.

Same story.

Ozempic did nothing for me.

Now I cant find zepbound anywhere. I just ordered from a compound Rx in desperation. Gonna try a few more months before giving up. On the highest dose.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:46 pm
I am on ozempic - very happy so far!
Started with .25 now at 2.50. Losing slowly but I’m ok with that. If I want faster I can up the dose.
I lost about 30 pounds in close to a year. 238 to 206/207.
Bh feeling so much better

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:48 pm
Has anyone done research regarding long term side effects and if it affects fertility? I really want to do it but worried about that. Haven’t had a chance to talk to my dr about it yet, just wondering if anyone has info.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:

I am buying ozempic.

Its a minimal dose.

Where do you pay 100-150 a month for the brand ozempic?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Has anyone done research regarding long term side effects and if it affects fertility? I really want to do it but worried about that. Haven’t had a chance to talk to my dr about it yet, just wondering if anyone has info.

There are no real long term studies from my understanding.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:27 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Same story.

Ozempic did nothing for me.

Now I cant find zepbound anywhere. I just ordered from a compound Rx in desperation. Gonna try a few more months before giving up. On the highest dose.

Nothing? No appetite suppression at all? Is that common?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:30 pm
Does anyone know about the effects on fertility or if its safe while ttc?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Does anyone know about the effects on fertility or if its safe while ttc?

From what I’ve heard you need to go off of it 2-3 moths before ttc

Comptroller

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:33 pm
A friend of mine tried Saxa-something, and she had too many side effects. She lost 10 kg (22lb), but had to stop because of side effects and gained them back. Yoyo.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise